Recent content by House de Kris

1. House de Kris

Best speakers in the world?

Define best. Best as in max output? Best flattest frequency response? Best as in least distortion? Best dispersion? Best clarity? Best articulation? Best efficiency? Best power handling? Best value?
  2. House de Kris

Don't Believe Anything you Read on The Internet!

Why waste time lying to these poor wretches of the earth? Why not be straight up honest with them and explain that Baby Jesus has already proclaimed that their miserable existence will only get worse. You are spreading false hope. Or, are these "good deeds" something you believe will guarantee...
  3. House de Kris

Don't Believe Anything you Read on The Internet!

My mama told me she didn't know who my pa was. I believed it was God. That makes me like, what, the third or fourth Son o' God then, right? You read it on the internet, believe it if you so desire. Why the he'll would anyone want to be part of a religion that hoists such a "doom and gloom"...
  4. House de Kris

DAC Explanation

Real close. The coded numbers range from +32767 to -32768.
  5. House de Kris

Running dual subs independently on MiniDSP DDRC-24 and Dirac Live

I think that you can run them as stereo subs. If it were me, I would. I have several systems with stereo subs crossed over from 120Hz to 150Hz. Actually, since you say you want to avoid an increase in distortion that occurs from 125Hz on down in your mains, I'd suggest you try an even higher...
  6. House de Kris

Star Trek Enterprise Model

Thanks for posting the score. I immediately entered it into my sequencer. I was surprised to find out that, as written, it's about 160BPM. I'll probably add a bunch of weird sounds and see where this goes. This could be fun.
  7. House de Kris

Speaker time alignment, does it matter?

I did a similar experiment as sergeauckland, but my results seem to be different. My tweeters can be moved front-to-back by about three inches. The crossovers between tweeter and midrange was at about 1.7kHz. As is my typical style, I listened first then measured. I used a six cycle tone burst...
  8. House de Kris

JBL 4319 Studio Monitor Review

When reading this review, I couldn't help but recall my own opinions about my JBL4312Cs, "no position of the mid and high controls make these speakers sound good." In their defense, they are my most requested monitors by DJs when I set up DJ systems. They're loud and can cut through any...
  9. House de Kris

Show us your vintage cassettes!

Oh yeah, one more Sony. Their "Canvas Window" cassette. Came with a artwork transfer kit and a template to place such artwork neatly on the canvas. Whatever...
  10. House de Kris

Cool MK-60-1 tape. What country did that come from? I never had too many Sony tapes. Here's all I got:
  11. House de Kris

ASR Logo

When was Sir Isaac Newton in the west? Another rule of logo design is to have it wider than tall. This gives the appearance of speed. And fast is good, right?
  12. House de Kris

Directional Cables And Other Faerie Folklore

Wait, you live in Washington DC and you think science has won? Science has been taking a beating for years now. Religion can make more money, so it wins.
  13. House de Kris

Yes, I lived in Japan in the late 80s/early 90s. There was a CD rental shop near a train station that I transferred at on my daily commute. I'd stop in every day and return two CDs and pick up two more. The only thing they sold there were cassettes (to copy the CDs you rent). I'd buy a bunch of...
  14. House de Kris

Another TDK oddity is their "professional cassette," which somehow I feel is an oximoronic phrase.
  15. House de Kris

By far, the best TDK! tapes were the IF tapes. They, too, came in black and white choices, as well as singles and doubles. I believe the black was for the boys, and the white for the girls. Based upon the prose the marketeers came up with for the outside... The back was the same for...
Top Bottom