Recent content by HououinKyoma

1. H

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

Obviously, you don't understand the nature of this issue. This issue has nothing to do with the chip reversions, only related to the specific circuit design.
  2. H

To be honest, it is not too difficult to get rid of this hump. 1 First, properly handle the layout of the analog circuit. This ensures a low enough distortion and noise amplitude, even if there is now a hump, but the height of the hump will decrease as THD+n improves. At the same time, the...
  3. H

Thank you for understanding that! In fact, I am consulting the possibility of publicly disclosing these technical details. If I can do this, I will post it as soon as possible.
  4. H

The company I work for is currently an authorized distributor of ESS. Because of that, I provide technical support to some local audio equipment manufacturers. As for the solution to remove this hump, I actually found it more than a year ago. But these details are currently only available to our...
  5. H

In short, only hardware revisions can remove this hump. I didn't have time to try ABX before, but I simply compared the sound of two boards with or without hump. The sound of the board without hump is obviously more natural. When I have time, I will find a few different models of the PCBAs...
  6. H

This hump has nothing to do with the I2C register setting and is a pure hardware issue. If the layout of the I/V and LPF circuits is no problem, then only one or two key variables need to be adjusted to solve the problem. But for work reasons, I can't disclose more details.
  7. H

ASRC/DPLL is not the cause of this hump. ESS official ES9038q2m demo board also uses ASRC, but it does not have this hump.
  8. H

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

I sent an email to Gustard, which also mentioned this question. They said that the X26's volume control is based on the built-in digital volume of the ES9038Pro. By the way, this is their official email address. I found it on Head-Fi. [email protected]
  9. H

I have consulted several ESS engineers on ESS THD/IMD Hump. This problem is almost impossible to solve for the ES9018S. But for those DACs based on ES9028/9038, there is actually a way to solve this problem, whether it is a two-channel mobile version or an eight-channel pro version. One of the...
  10. H

The SMSL on your screenshot is just because the AliExpress seller has mislabeled the product brand.
  11. H

Hahaha, are you serious? Except for being located in Shenzhen and in the same industry, SMSL and Gustard have no other relevance. The SMSL on your screenshot is just because the AliExpress seller has mislabeled the product brand.
  12. H

This Facebook page belongs to their dealer in Taiwan, not the official Gustard page.
  13. H

Of course it is based on testing. In fact, the optimal value of this set of coefficients depends on the specific PCB layout and parasitic parameters of the external components. In addition, if the ESS DAC output noise floor is not low enough, the harmonic components will be overwhelmed by the...
  14. H

I think so. I hope that Amir can test the result of setting the X26 GPLL mode to High and the digital filter type to Vivid. This should be the most recommended setting status given by Gustard.
  15. H

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=586482347218 I found some interesting screenshots on the Gustard X26 Taobao page, which seems to be the measurement results using the AP 2722.
Top Bottom