Recent content by Hotwetrat

1. Hotwetrat

Do We Want All Speakers To Sound The Same ?

All I want is a speaker with quality enough components and design, so it CAN provide an accurate enough representation of the source material, and as such responds well to EQ, so I can then dial in my own personal taste which is MOST DEFINITELY NOT a completely flat response. Personal...
  2. Hotwetrat

Since the Eris E5 XT were found to be quite poor by Amir

Fair enough - disappointing. I paid £109 each, brand new. And falling for the audioholics review, thought it was a deal worth snapping up. For that price I won't complain since I have EQ APO and they do their job and are quite enjoyable in a very small room, hence I really don't need to come...
  3. Hotwetrat

Since the Eris E5 XT were found to be quite poor by Amir

I was wondering, I find Audioholics generally quite good but I don't really know what to look for, they seem to give the Eris E8 XT quite a shining, objective and subjective review inc measurements https://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/presonus-eris-e8-xt/conclusion My curiosity...
  4. Hotwetrat

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

As an idiot I am gonna make a guess for fun. I would imagine a lot of the SUBJECTIVE 'dynamics' and 'punch' is due to the recording itself and as these are accurate headphones I assume? Then there is no artificially inflated much of anything and as such the tricks/tweaks many headphone/speaker...
  5. Hotwetrat

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Just wondering if this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topping-ES9038Q2M-768kHz-Bluetooth-Decoder-Black/dp/B07VJN11TQ/ref=sr_1_9?crid=14AQ1U7DSE3Z6&keywords=topping+dac&qid=1667231587&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1Ljc3IiwicXNhIjoiNC44MSIsInFzcCI6IjMuNTIifQ==&sprefix=topping+dac,aps,101&sr=8-9 was priced at £1,999...
  6. Hotwetrat

Understanding unity setting on active monitor speakers

Yes thank you, I mostly got it, and appreciate the clarification. I did find it a little unclear - that being said, this was also somewhat more of a theoretical question, regarding how not to blow up my speakers and exactly what use the 'unity' position has. I am still a little fuzzy tbh
  7. Hotwetrat

Understanding unity setting on active monitor speakers

I have the Eris E8 XT I get the basic jist of the unity setting I THINK but I am curious. Not that I could ever have it set there because I would be DEAF but, are these speakers actually designed to run set at 'unity' (mid way volume as shown in this pic) this is a pure head scratching...
  8. Hotwetrat

DAC blind tests? EVER?

This kind of message always makes me pleased I use a Topping E30
  9. Hotwetrat

Thoughts on high-performance speakers with a utilitarian finish?

Performance/price always comes first for people with moderate/lower budgets (generally) bar those people who don't have a clue and buy a basic soundbar from curry's or something...
  10. Hotwetrat

Would some one be kind enough to interpret this sentance from Audioholics

Hi, I recently grabbed 2x Eris E8 XT for a solid price. So far I am very impressed! Quite shocked really - for my listening scenarios anyway. So I have decided to get some speaker stands and set them up properly to do them justice. With regards to the listening height - I quote the excellent...
  11. Hotwetrat

Worst movie ever?

Is this a joke ?
  12. Hotwetrat

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Well this sounds promising (no pun) I just have the optical out from my HDTV into this unit (as that's all I have in that room) obviously I need to get a little sub just to add a SMIDGE of weight/low end but aside from that I have been enjoying watching Netflix/Amazon Prime etc through this...
Top Bottom