Recent content by Honken

1. Honken

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I did not mean to imply that the 310 needs to be listened to in the mid to far field, just that I do. Nor did I mean ti imply that they require a large distance to the side walls, just that I have a large distance to the sidewalls in my setup. But to get the stereo image as I wanted it I had...
  2. Honken

It's as subjective as it gets, but these speakers have put an end to my upgraditis. They sound fantastic. I don't need them to go louder, even if that is a potential real issue (see the S&R review above). My only complaint is that they get real warm and toasty when powered on, nice during the...
  3. Honken

Stereo image is very stable and precise here, but I also have over 3m distance to the sidewalls. Mine are in a ~3m triangle with the 310s pointing slightly behind my listening position and with the woofers on the inside. It did take some tweaking to get the stereo image like I wanted it however...
  4. Honken

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Agreed. Ten years ago this was still a rip off, it doesn't even look good (no matter it's age).
  5. Honken

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

I consider this to be a bit unfair. Even with IEMs that have a lower pinna gain than Harman IE I find highs to be piercing to the point of hurting. Personally I do like the peak to be ~around where the Harman curve is, but to have a much faster and steeper slope down from it's peak around 3200...
  6. Honken

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Late to the thread but figured I'd throw in another vote for them being 'Great'. Been using these since they came out more or less, they're close to perfect in my opinion. The weird nasal-like treble of the original is gone and the bass is more or less where it should be. I'm using some very...
  7. Honken

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Helsingborg, southern Sweden. I like it here, but the local weather is exceptionally awful, windy and humid all year 'round. Across the sound is Helsingør, Denmark. Something to be proud of is that an ASR favorite is located close by, Entreq.
  8. Honken

Best mid-tier monitors : Genelec 8350A vs Neumann KH310

All I can say is that I have had the 310s for quite some time now, and my interest in this forum has waned considerably because of that. I am satisfied now. Listening to these make me happy every day I do, I've reached nirvana if you will. I live in an apartment, and even though the apartments...
  9. Honken

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Here it is just the VAT that is the issue really, Thomann for example is lower than the price above if you exclude VAT. I've asked around locally for Genelec prices since they don't have list prices for their higher end models, and the prices are in general not lower than Thomann. Besides, I'd...
  10. Honken

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Oh my, do they ship to northern Europe?!
  11. Honken

Topping E30 II DAC Review

No, not all DACs sound the same, but all competent DACs sound effectively the same. There's quite a few broken DACs out there, and this is not one of them. In fact, it is more often than not the expensive boutique designs that are the broken ones. I have one of these and I am quite happy with...
  12. Honken

My First High End IEM - 64 Audio U12t

Please do not put words in my mouth. I specifically called out IEMs as not behaving the same as speakers. No, you cannot make an Auratone sound good through EQ, I agree. The U12t, and pretty much every other semi-competent IEM out there can however change its sound profile with some guidance via...
  13. Honken

How Dangerous is AI?

The Switchbade (autonomous kamikaze drone) fits that bill on a tactial level. Not really scary on it's own in my opinion, but the fact that it can be replicated on the cheap by a radicalized Joe Schmoe is. We have not let neural nets control force projection on the level in say the movie...
  14. Honken

How Dangerous is AI?

Automatic weapons are old news unfortunately. Doesn't really require AI to do it, even though that's often conflated with neural nets today. The Switchblade drones from the US and automatic machinegun turrets from Daewoo (South Korea) spring to mind. Both can kill without human input. We passed...
  15. Honken

My First High End IEM - 64 Audio U12t

Problem is, refusing EQ beause "of digital grain" is the dogmatic position here. Nothing about transducers is 100% objective, and you are doing yourself a disservice dismissing tools at your disposal to fix your perceived issues. Personally I too have dismissed quite a few IEMs because of how...
Top Bottom