Recent content by hong8311

1. H

Need Help! XLR and RCA - both sounds come out (I just need one)

That's another good point. When companies claims it is 'balanced', is there anyway that I can tell if it is truly balanced? In order to be truly balanced, does it have to have XLR output? Thanks to elaborate little more on what make truly balanced amp.
  2. H

Hey, nice suggestion! RCA switchbox is interesting solution. Thanks, again.
  3. H

I think you mentioned a critical point. No, DO100 DAC does not have such a switch. So, I guess switching XLR/RCA on amp is just for another source directly coming to amp or for using other DAC. (honestly don't know much point having two ports in the amp for this case, maybe just giving user two...
  4. H

Thank you so much to dig into this issue for me. I will elaborate more on this. My media source is PC, which is connected via USB to DAC. The DAC has a connection to the speaker via RCA (output), and also is connected to the amp via XLR (output). So, when amp is turned off or amp's toggle switch...
  5. H

Do you think Kanto is the problem? Since Kanto has multiple input source that is controlled by single button, it is very annoying to turn off the speaker for sound only comes through headphones then click that button multiple times to adjust Kanto input back to RCA.
  6. H

Indeed, I took a look at the manual of HO100, there is no such topic. You seem to be an expert on these. Can you help me with one more question? If I use regular 6.35mm SE cable with pentaconn adapter to make it 4.4mm, then can I enjoy benefit of balanced? Or should I buy balanced cable that...
  7. H

Thanks, that sounds better. Do you think my unit is defect or it just way it is? This is my first balanced unit, I have no way to tell...
  8. H

Hello experts, I recently got SMSL DO100/HO100 stack and my setup is as follows: DO100 (DAC) and HO100 (AMP) are connected via XLR. DO100 and my speaker (Kanto YU6) are connected via RCA. Kanto YU has its own dac and amp within the speaker unit. There is a toggle switch in HO100, which...
Top Bottom