Recent content by HLee

1. H

Low bass (<40Hz) multiple subs?

20Hz sound has wave length of 340/20=17meters. multiple subwoofers would make mixed resonance of standing waves unless the dimension of your room is bigger than 17/2=8.5 meters. IMO, two front subwoofers will be enough
  2. H

Could this be the ultimate AV processor set up?

Systemic volume control may be difficult Or more bits are needed for digital volume control (more than 32bits maybe)
  3. H

KIMBER KABLE: Do High-end USB Cables Make A Difference?

low-end USB cable might be able to make any differences
  4. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I'm considering multichannel system. How can I put power trigger system into diy amplifier? Any reference would be appreciated.
  5. H

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

They are selling modules, but I cannot find power supplies. I expected DIY kit like Hypex NC400 https://purifi-audio.com/vare-kategori/transducers/
  6. H

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

Even 2ch music sounds better when auro 3d is applied
  7. H

In most home audio systems, acoustic space is far from ideal. Thats why multichannel system with room corretion sounds better than measurements.
  8. H

Pure digital AV processor?

I have a same idea. 16ch DAC, Preamplifier in a single case? That's the cause of distortion and noise. Price? We don't need decent amplifier for ceiling speakers. Only front floor channels are important. There are many possible combinations to make system economically. Hacking & Ripping? It may...
  9. H

Requesting Headphone Amp/DAC Recommendations

According to ASR measurements, a Matrix sabre pro DAC / Monolith THX 887 combo is the best.
  10. H

I like multichannel music with room correction, but sometimes I miss two channel decent hifi music. I wander if there is any possible collaboration of these two groups. For example, AVR with incorporated two front channel hifi DAC plus discrete hifi two channel power amp
  11. H

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD600 I want to try Final's flagship headphones, some day ;)
  12. H

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I should admit that my test was not completely scientific. Its not easy to do a blind test with matching levels. I spent grands but other members will be able to save moneys. Anyway I have a plan to test RME ADI2 DAC by headphone.
  13. H

Well I might have used a wrong word, bass was deeper and change of intensity was more sophisticated. Anyway, just one day test it was, so I'll try thorough test with better intercables and 4pin xlr headphone cables (that was not arrived yet) I heard sabaj d5 has warming up issues, so I turned it...
  14. H

No, just subjective feeling. No difference in sound quality and transparency, I think dynamic range of D5 is wider. While listening Mahler's symphony 7 which is my reference, I could notice the difference of bass sound.
  15. H

D5 has many QC issues but sounds a little bit better than D70. How about waiting for the upgraded D5?
Top Bottom