Recent content by hilow

1. H

Connect 1 Mic / Audio Interface with 2 Computers

Actually sounds very good, but for my use case this is total overkill and quite pricey. Still, with active monitors like the IP-based Genelecs and the flexibilty to route sound almost anywhere in the network it may have its uses also in a connectec home use case :)
  2. H

Good point, but only viable if both machines run at the same time. Not my usual use case. I already use the VB-cable with Reaper to process my mic input for web conferences. Still might be a cool addition to reroute audio if required.
  3. H

Very interesting idea. I took a quick look at Dante, but did not really go deep enough to understand the pros and cons. Price seems to be a major issue, but I also tend to cool technical solutions that are overkill.:cool:
  4. H

That could be an option. However, for audio interfaces I would minimize the amount of USB components on the way. So a single switch directly plugged into a port on the PCs would be my personal favorite. Still, on an emotional level I distrust all the cheap switch options available when it...
  5. H

Splitter after the Mic amp seems mor reasonable, I agree. I have no idea about the quality of the Phonic mixer, at least ok for my current application, I guess. There are some reports about usb switches for this purpose. For example here...
  6. H

So to continue this, the analog option could go something like this: MIC > Splitter > Motu M2/M4 (Phantom active) > PC1 MIC > Splitter > Motu M2/M4 > PC2 Only downside without a separate AMP is that Phantom needs to come through the direct path which requires both interfaces to be active for...
  7. H

Thank you for the feedback. I already had the Motu Interfaces on my list, but did not think about the different requirements of the headphones yet. Searching a bit more I found two SPDIF Options as Input: miniDAC USBStreamerB Hifime UR23 SPDIF Optical to USB converter The miniDAC sounds like...
  8. H

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi Forum, I'm from Germany and just joined to once again spend some money on audio equipment ;) Home office has changed my setup for computer use quite a bit and it is time to finally do it properly (see here). My temporary setup works, but I want to merge this with my interest in audio as a...
  9. H

I have been searching the forum, but could not find a discussion about the best way to connect a single microphone with multiple PCs for home office, recording teaching videos and voice chat (work and gaming PC). To some degree this is similar to the DAC discussion going on here, but I would...
Top Bottom