Recent content by HighFutility

1. H

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Are the distortion plots limiting the recomendation of the Polk R500 for the tower speakers?
  2. H

RSL 10E SUBWOOFER 299$ 300W RMS HOW?

Two is always better than one.
  3. H

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

I just finished one speaker; it took too bloody long. The curved sides would constantly have drip marks. I had to cut the poly 50/50 with paint thinner and apply extremely light coats. It took about a million coats to build it up high enough. I used high gloss polyurethane, Varathane brand. Wet...
  4. H

Where can one purchase cheap 300W plate amps that dig low. Lots of amps I see have trouble with 30-40hz range.
  5. H

It looks like RSL is turning the subwoofer game on its head. Between the amp and the driver, I have no idea how they can sell this for $300$ out the door. They have delivered a great value product as far as their subwoofer lineup goes, and I fear they might have bit off more than they can chew...
  6. H

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

I am completely green. I welcome all criticism of my parts list and greatly appreciate your input. I will gladly replace anything you suggest, as I want the best listening experience.
  7. H

Hey, thanks for the reply; I am going off this post assuming it is mod 6. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hivi-3-1a-diy-speaker-with-sehlin-mod-review.15802/post-980889 If anyone could clarify, that would be great. It looks like from mod 5 > 6 L4 & C5 were changed. If...
  8. H

Mod 6 would consist of the following, correct? I cannot find R1 (6.81 OHM RESISTOR). Would a 7 Ohm work?
  9. H

Hey everyone, I just picked up the kit. I wanted to include the photo of my PCB and manual to make sure everything is good to go and has not changed since its review here. I read that Amazon, at one point, was selling them with the perfectionist mod. Is the Sehlin Mod 4 still the best way to go...
  10. H

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

I finished the crossover finally. Fired-up REW, measurement is 1/1 smoothing. Blue is stock, and green is with the @Dennis Murphy mod. I could use some help with veneering the curved portion of the cabinets if anyone has any tips. I would also like to add this was my first time working with...
  11. H

Looking for a reasonable second build after C-Notes

Very cool, what is the sub?
  12. H

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I was really surprised on the Polk Reserve 500 Erin reviewed. PS 6.2 for 1200-dollar speakers. Limitations, of course, but otherwise, a budget king priced similarly to or less than many bookshelf speakers.
  13. H

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

The only thing that hurt about this review was seeing the Yamaha V6A just behind this unit.
Top Bottom