Recent content by High Power Dude

1. H

Looking to upgrade Receiver

Try Accessories4less.com. Specifically, see if this fits the bill: https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx2800h-rb/denon-avr-x2800h-7.2-ch-x-95-watts-8k-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html
  2. H

Strange polarity issue with new amplifier (Topping PA5 II Plus)

Really? So you know of a brand that makes every single product flawless?
  3. H

Strange polarity issue with new amplifier (Topping PA5 II Plus)

I resubmitted my request for a replacement and I got it 2 weeks later, the PA5 replaced with the PA5II Plus SV, whatever that model version is. I retained the original power supply and it works like a champ. When I read the nature of the bashing of Topping here, I ask myself, how many of you...
  4. H

JBL HDI-4500 Center Channel Speaker Review

I didn't wade through all the test results but I seem to miss what, if any conclusion came of testing this center? I've had wider dispersion centers and some whose dispersion wasn't as good. Interestingly, there are some damn great-sounding centers that aren't as ideal as others with dispersion...
  5. H

Home theater/music listening (Revel m16 vs Elac DBR62 vs Revel F35)

Here are some basic considerations I've learned over time. You're a hunter, an audio value hunter. The highest value = Used Audio market. Build a Frankenstein system from Craigslist or FB Marketplace (USAudiomart.com or Audiogon.com) by purchasing heavily discounted floorstanders and...
  6. H

Buckeye Hypex Nc502mp Multichannel Amp Teardown

Here you go: VTV Amplifier Nord Acoustics March Audio ATI Amplifiers
  7. H

Let's have fun & beat a dead horse (AVR-Processor upgrade comparo)

Good stuff. My friend Paul put in a 30 amp fuse for my equipment and two Goldenear Super XXL subs. I'm running 2200 watts total system power into 8 ohms, almost double for 4 ohms, all Hypex NCore (ATI and Nord amps). Your cabling is solid. A Home Depot presenter to electricians and others in...
  8. H

As for the vents, just apply acoustic putty that's hidden from view, nothing special. My experience with Hytex involved a misapplication. Two general descriptions for a room's sound are "Live" and "Dead." This theater room in a well-known high-end audio store had too much sound absorption...
  9. H

Hi tparm, If someone asks, “What is the most important factor in how we hear speakers?” The answer is the room. Room acoustics, even when equalized electronically, play a huge role in our listening experience. This is why the biggest expense in my home theater was the room construction. From...
  10. H

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Thanks! We're all in this together. In the interim, I picked up the Denon AVR-X3600H and use just the pre-outs to my Hypex NCore amps (ATI and Nord), and the clarity is noticeable. I'm a big fan of Paradigm speakers and Anthem electronics. They are extremely passionate about what they do and...
  11. H

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

I am the owner of the unit. What's important to know is that I intentionally had this unit checked out by the Paradigm Electronics Service Center at 203 Eggert Rd., Buffalo, NY 14215, prior to shipping it to Amir. Paradigm reported nothing wrong with the unit.
  12. H

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I know something about psychoacoustics and your many effects need justification: Name one psychoacoustic effect in which a group of people hear the same thing (harsh tweeter) and then, after 20 hours of burn-in, when each hears it at different times, independent of the other, without conferring...
  13. H

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I can personally attest to 2 speakers in which several people heard the difference but only, only, in the tweeter: the KLH Quincy (features an anodized aluminum tweeter) and the Paradigm Millenia 20 Trio three-channel passive speaker (features Paradigm's patented S-PAL satin anodized aluminum...
  14. H

Some Names for Speakers

Here are some brain farts: Quantum Audio - Nebulizers Audio Stadium - Front Rows Tympanum Audio Oracles (TAO) Euphorias Trunk Monkey Noggin Poppers Richter Scale Land Cannon Subwoofers Emotional Response Elevator 9s Musical Messiah Belfry Electric Audio Deities
Top Bottom