Recent content by HifiGuy

1. H

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

Hi amirm, i tought a lot about wheather i write something or not. I decided to do it and clarify some point on your measurements. The name of forum is audio science review. For me a scientific approach must be reliable, repeatable and based on facts. Any information that needed to repeat the...
  2. H

Linux Kernel Patch for Topping DAC users

Just one question, why the patch is needed? What i read is that just the Support of DSD512 is added to the Kernel because the Topping uses the Big Endian coding. You can configure the dsd support over alsa and the mpd.conf.
  3. H

And it is important to configure the dac in a right way. Use USB mode 2 and use the right driver. Maybe amirm you should read the manual first. Their are a lot of thinks to take care. Greetings Fu
  4. H

Sorry, thats why i recommend to use the calibrated mode. Think about that.
  5. H

One thing that would recommend that you use the HT Bypass mode. That calibrate the volume to a normalize value. To use the pot to go to the loudest value seems wrong to me. Greetings Fu
  6. H

Now the unbalanced performance would be interesting.
  7. H

Hi John, thank you for your detailed explanation. What i am not unterstanding is why the ess chip choose the the values randomly. Would it not be better to choose the value in case of a average value? Should this approach randomize the error? My background is from the digital side, if there are...
  8. H

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

They are two DACs which i highly recommend: 1. Musical Fidelity M1 DAC II (asynchronous usb) 2. audiolab M-DAC+
  9. H

MPD. I control mpd over mpdroid.
  10. H

Thats why i use Debian Linux. There is no need for drivers for ALSA und it provide a bitperfect playback system if it is configured right. I still think about all measurements of amir, wheather their right or not.
  11. H

Hi John, could you write some words about the unbalanced performance. Why the measurements of Amir are so bad?
Top Bottom