Recent content by Hexspa

1. H

Apo EQ--is it possible to have different EQ config files for different outputs?

Oh yes, less tech-savvy is appropriate! For example, removing the 'pound hashmarks' as a way to disable options was entirely new to me upon seeing it here last week. Watching a WSL tutorial today, I see that this is a common way to do a boolean false within a text environment. We're all...
  2. H

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Speaking of subjective assessments, I got one of these used. Initially it sounded much bassier than my HS5s. However, after some measurements and applied anti-modal filters my current opinion is that it's a different class of speaker altogether. I want to avoid poetic language but suffice to say...
  3. H

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

Didn't even realize these were reviewed or that there was a v2 out. I used oratory filters inside of Realphones to correct these. Without that they sound too bass-light but otherwise pretty satisfying. I wouldn't say that they give me perfect translation as far as that goes but they're my...
  4. H

Apo EQ--is it possible to have different EQ config files for different outputs?

Thanks, this was helpful but allow me to simplify it for others like me who might be lost: 1. Generate your filters into text then copy them into the EQAPO config directory (C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config in my case) 2. Make a text file for each one of your outputs that you want...
  5. H

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

That’s the thing about subjective tests - particularly if they’re as uncontrolled as this one: crowd opinion means almost nothing without further qualification. Who are these majority? I just listened and don’t prefer the iLouds. At what point do my years of critical listening and making music...
  6. H

Adam or Neumann for a small office?

Nearly 10’ listening distance? Probably something in the KH120ii or even 150 range. You could also get a Kali LP8v2 or similar if you’re ok with a lower grade of speaker to save cash.
  7. H

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

B&H 2x Neumann KH80 and MA-1 mic/software: $1000 + tax and shipping. Normally $550/ea. plus $299 for MA-1. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1641028-REG Originally alerted to this by Erinsaudiocorner.
  8. H

ATC speakers / Monitors

Alright maybe we can bet a pizza on it
  9. H

ATC speakers / Monitors

I really wonder if that’s true. It would be a fascinating test to have listeners select blind from The Wall then put them in a Harman-esque arrangement to see if they can even tell which was which. Frankly, I doubt it - especially without some kind of foreknowledge about the specs like bass...
  10. H

ATC speakers / Monitors

Definitely wasn't calling you or anyone in particular out. I didn't even watch the whole video. It's more that the wall o' monitors has been gnawing at my subconscious for awhile and I had to say something.
  11. H

ATC speakers / Monitors

Anyone who thinks comparing speakers like this is remotely valid hasn’t learned much about speaker evaluation on this forum.
  12. H

Please sell me on "ruler flat" near field monitors.

I disagree with your premise but sort of agree with your conclusion. It’s not the problem of the fidelity of the stereo system per se. It’s that listening in stereo is not necessarily sufficient to ensure translation. It is if you know how to compensate for stereo’s faults (elevated bass...
  13. H

Please sell me on "ruler flat" near field monitors.

Schroeder frequency is the lowest frequency at which sound is diffuse, not the transition frequency from dominant modal behavior. Given that small rooms don’t have a diffuse field, neither RT60 nor Schroeder frequency apply to them (can’t have one without the other). This term is commonly...
  14. H

Kali Audio LP-UNF

I initially thought these were $299/ea. and were going to be a step up from the LP-6v2. 0.8m is untenable for me given that my midi keyboard has to be at that distance when I'm not using it. Even so, given the distance, I'm curious what the distortion specs are since the absolute levels will be...
  15. H

Avantone Pro MixCube Monitor Review

Auratone just released the Active 5C for $399 ea. https://vintageking.com/auratone-5c-active-super-sound-cube-single-black
Top Bottom