Recent content by hetzer

1. H

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

Like other senses, our hearing gets compensated by other information that brain has. There are little muscles below our hair cells that sense the sound. The brain use this muscle to hear what it wants to hear more clearly. This is why we can talk to other people in noisy environment. When we see...
  2. H

Remastering (Improving) your own Audio Albums as Big F.Y. to corporate Loudness War trend.

I don't expect high quality mastering from pop, rock and electronic. There is fundamentally different standard to evaluate the sound quality. Sometimes there are musics mixed by different engineers in one album. example
  3. H

Proper Definition of High-Resolution Music

Actually, its 17khz :) But I can still figure out whether this album is heavily compressed or not.
  4. H

Nested feedback/ composite amplifier opamp requirements(unexplained results)

Opa2156 & njm2068 has CMOS input and opa1611 & lme49720 has bipolar input. Bipolar topology typically has better performance but there is a limitation in common-mode voltage input. This can cause distortion in certain circumstance. This is one of the reason Nwavguy prefered njm2068 on his O2 amp...
  5. H

Upgrade headphone from Sennheiser HD600

I recommend using software like sonarworks or morphit with a decent closed-back headphone.
  6. H

This is what I am talking about. Then, how can we evaluate the quality of recording / mastering?
  7. H

Today's criterion that defines high resolution music is based on frequency range, bit depth and lossless format. However, these standards don't care about how the album was recorded, mixed and mastered. The problem is that we don't have objective and clear criteria to evaluate the acoustical...
  8. H

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

Bundle earphone in s8 or s10 isn't so bad in technical perspective. It will sound quite neutral with some adjustment on bass. Or I recommend Bose soundtrue ultra and samsung u flex. They both have similar tone balance to hd6xx.
  9. H

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Although I don't understand the lyric, she has impressive voice.
  10. H

In DAC, Anything audible but unable to be measured(so far)?

Even if there is unmeasureable distortion on dac, there are a lot of distortions that is measureable and more obvious in typical audio system. For example, the main component that degrades dac performance is amplifier. Most amplifier have trouble when there is a heavy load. Typical measurement...
  11. H

DAC types and their sonic signature

I see some argues with ringing so I'll explain how interpolation works. Oversample = just adding more points to the file. Interpolate = upsample = adding more points and applying a filter to avoid imaging DAC manufacturers interpolate the PCM file up to 512 times or 1024 times. But they don't...
  12. H

1bit delta sigma modulator has briefly 5 problems. I'll explain all without math and as simple as possible. But this will oversimplify the content and there might be some questions and errors. So I'll leave some link that will help. Detailed Explanation Simplified Explanation Practical Example...
  13. H

Delta sigma architecture doesn't mean that it is 1bit. Modern audio DAC use 4~5bit architecture.
  14. H

IEMs close to Harman curve?

If you want 10dB bass boost of harman IEM target, galaxy buds has little bass. JBL freeX or JBL endurance peak might be closer to harman IEM target.
Top Bottom