Recent content by hestejoe

1. H

Sound Devices MixPre-3 II Multichannel Recorder Review

Have we seen their field recorders tested anywhere?
  2. H

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Probably a niche question but as a synth head, I would love to know if this unit is DC-coupled? I have already decided that my next interface should offer this option and perhaps I am not alone.
  3. H

Emotiva Big Ego+ Portable DAC & HP Review

If you don't need Toslink, should you even expect this to offer more than your onboard jack in either your phone or pc?
  4. H

Understanding Audio Dynamic Range / SNR (Part 1)

How important is the SNR in a practical setting? As I understand, having a pair of kali LP-6 V2 active speaker set which I rarely listen to at a higher volume than 85 dB, everything that is balanced and above 95 SNR would extremely likely be more than enough? Or should I still aim for 106 given...
  5. H

GR Research Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade Review (speaker)

Could this be a unique version to compare the original, the hardware modded and an EQ'ed based on the measurements? I would surely be very interested if @amirm could have the time to do so. At least it wouldn't drain his wallet.
  6. H

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Add Bluetooth (or some other wireless), perhaps some kind of EQ and it would literally be the one DAC/AMP you could recommend to anyone that listens with active speakers and headphones. Edit: Seems like it actually has Bluetooth too. Really looks like a nice package.
  7. H

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Without making this thread about dx3pro, I would say that at least on SINAD, there is likely no audible difference. Your peaks would have to be above 100 dB before there is even a theoretical gain. At least, that's my understanding I do, however, think that there could be benefits to go to...
  8. H

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I guess that this would make many DACs the bottleneck in a system. Incredible performance for the price. Also, it seems like 99% who are listening to music via stereo speakers could get this + a decent dac and then only wonder about which speakers to use. Maybe we should inquire Amir to focus...
  9. H

Kali LP8 vs Presonus Eris E8 XT, Spinorama and EQ design inside

I listened to the Kali LP8 in a store and was very impressed, particularly for the price. Is it correct that there is not a spinorama available for them? I think it would be informative for me to judge them against other monitors that I haven't listened to yet.
  10. H

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Thank you for your response, I also found this table: Source If I have the HD 560S @ 120 ohms and Sound pressure level (SPL) 110 dB (1 kHz / 1 V RMS) they should need 10 mW if I am correctly using https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/ Does that mean that anything that...
  11. H

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Are there any meassurements relating to whether the third-gen has a better headphone output?
  12. H

FX Audio DAC-SQ3 Review

Realistically speaking, should one even expect to hear a difference whether a good set of Genelecs is fed with this at 107 dB SINAD vs one that is state of the art at ~120 dB? I would surely be surprised.
  13. H

Do Premium Headphone Cables Make an Audible Difference? Norne Audio Cable Review (video)

Has Amir done anything similar on cables (wires) for speakers? It would be interesting to test cables representing a few orders of magnitude difference in price.
  14. H

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

A lot of people, myself included, have asked about power supplies. For what is worth, I ended with a 96W (24V, 4A) supply from amazon.de For driving my relatively sensitive JAMO S406's (Sensitivity (90 dB/2,8V/1m)), it is absolutely my ears that are the limit. Basically, I have no reason to go...
  15. H

Minimal sound setup for 6 months in a European country and back by plane?

Thank you for your replies, but I had already ordered the A07 before I got them. I now have it combined with a pair of used JAMO S406's. The resulting sound absolutely eats my old setup for breakfast. With a complete system price of 110 €, I am really satisfied.
Top Bottom