Recent content by Here2Learn

1. H

I/V conversion and opamps - sorting fact from fiction

You'll get great stiffness with cement. Adding a small amount of graphene powder makes it even stiffer (and virtually eliminates the potential cracking of the concrete due to shrinkage/aging). One then has to figure out how to best damp the inside. Just as there are a myriad of materials that...
  2. H

In this respect, I was thinking a Rigol MSO5074 seems apt, but analog voltmeter resolution is only 500uV. For most uses, even this scope would be overkill, but it we're postulating a SOTA PSU with noise in the hundreds of nV, then I probably would end up needing something else. Not really...
  3. H

I have thought the same for some time. But I happen to have some electronic parts laying around, so I thought I'd learn what I can and see if I get motivated to try for SOTA. Speakers are interesting. It's actually a long-held dream to go down this route and have a little cottage business...
  4. H

Thanks for the input. More for me to study, but valuable.
  5. H

Sure, but they don't tell you how to supply stable power to opamp supply rails that are stable to tens of millionths of a volt. I've discovered a few things since my original post. A PSU thread on DIY Audio for a phono stage that has nanovolt levels of noise. Over 900 pages though.. so will...
  6. H

<tongue-in-cheek> Or take on the existing, non-evolved products like cables, and find statisfaction making money by pandering to people's expectation bias and desire for oversized jewel-like cables that look like they were stolen from the local power station. :p ;)
  7. H

I am generally what I would call a purposeful learner. If something is not useful for me to know, then usually I won't learn it. In the case of electronics, I'd only want to learn swathes of audio-related areas in order to try building something competitive to what I would otherwise have bought...
  8. H

Hi all, I'm not an EE, I love audio and try to be as objective about it as possible. But not being an EE means one can fall for claims that ultimately one can find no evidence for and has just wasted time. Many years ago, I intended learning some audio because you know, there's a website called...
  9. H

"Sloped neutral" target curves for headphones and IEMs?

Good info from all who posted above. I'm not a headphone guy (I prefer speakers), so I'd never looked in to why the speaker preference curve differs so notably from the one used for headphones, but the above posts explain it quite succinctly. Thanks.
  10. H

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I believe harryharryharry is asking if the IEMs require to be driven by a dedicated/separate headphone amp unit, or if they can be sufficiently driven plugging them in to the 3.5mm audio jack on most mobile phones. I guess you'll potentially ask what is meant by "sufficiently". I think it's safe...
  11. H

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

@amirm The target listener curve between headphones and loudspeakers are different - how does one objectively equate the two in regards to tonality/correctness?
  12. H

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

IMO, both recently discussed viewpoints have valid points. If you are in the recording side of things, MQA is counter to retaining quality. Since it is a closed system that actually does seem to be lossy, the control over what the customer gets becomes an unknown depending on where any MQA...
  13. H

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

@amirm +1 on these. IDK know how far you want to go, but it might be good to get to the point of going over Veritasium's YT video: FWIW, Veritasium's video still feels highly counter-intuitive as one of the people in the video mention. Viewing the way electrical energy flows to a load outside...
  14. H

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

I had to read that twice. I was wondering about the slow twitching every subjective reviewer does. :p
Top Bottom