Recent content by Here2Learn

1. H

March Audio P451 Purifi 1ET400A Mono Blocks

ATC P2 Pro is one example. From their manual: "Single ended inputs via RCA phono sockets and differential (balanced) inputs via XLR sockets are provided. Each channel has two phono input sockets, the ‘Link’ phono sockets may be used to connect the amplifier inputs to a further ATC power...
  2. H

March Audio P451 Purifi 1ET400A Mono Blocks

@March Audio One of the things that bothers me about all NCore/Purifi amps to date is the lack of a pass-through output of the input for bi/tri-amping. It used to be common for power amps to have something like this. Without one, it would mean either requiring a pre-amp with dual outputs that...
  3. H

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

Do you have the ability to make many measurements and then average them out? I appreciate that nobody reviewing as much stuff as you would want to do that if they don't have to, but isn't that the better approach if any kind of 'touching' of the test rig yields different measurements? (hopefully...
  4. H

I'd say it gets my seal of approval, but I see you already have one. I'll join you on the way out...
  5. H

@amirm I appreciate the "crapshoot" measuring bass response, but are you finding most headphones have this wide FR differential between left and right channel? A varying differential extends to 5.3kHz as you noted, but as the wavelengths get longer going down in frequency, any asymmetrical...
  6. H

RSL Outsider II Outdoor Speaker Review

Not the measurements, the juxtaposition of panther type where a poorer objective result sometimes yields a better panther based on personal preferences. If it's just the objective data and consideration of cost (point score per buck), then there's no personal bias in it. As somebody else said...
  7. H

I clarified earlier that expressing a personal opinion is fine and warranted. Selecting the panther by it, since it is subjective is another matter. Yes, I'd like to see the panther somewhat reflect the preference score in terms of VFM, similar to MKZM's charts on his website that can show this...
  8. H

Not a stupid question, but I note nobody answered. When you listen to a speaker, there is the direct sound that reaches your ears and the indirect sound from reflections. Outdoors is mostly direct sound as there aren't walls, or they're too far away or a hedge etc to make indirect sound usable...
  9. H

That is what I do. The bit that bothers me is the seeming group think that follows the review revalidating subjective opinion, such that the threads then read like an echo chamber. Nothing wrong with Amir expressing his opinion. He should, can, and does. What does irk me a bit is when the...
  10. H

This is exactly it. I've stalked about these forums for many years before even registering. On the electronics front I think most reviews are sticking to the objective data and Amir does well and I applaud the work in this area. When it comes to speakers I feel differently.... most reviews are...
  11. H

In an outside environment, bass is not reinforced by reflective walls, so that should be to the Focal's favour to help ensure bass is better at time of arrival to a listener, since so much bass energy will be lost of not reflected by walls. Amir's notes of "harshness with female focals" are...
  12. H

At least this review has some caveats about not reflecting outdoor use in parts. I don't see the benefit of using in-room response measurements to compare outdoor speakers. Sim them in an outdoor setting, either free field or fixed to a wall over lawn or concrete. Wasn't the preference score...
  13. H

Focal Chorus OD 706 V Outdoor Speaker Review

@amirm or anybody else who may know... Why are we using Spinorama measurements that assume reflections to produce calculated response on an OUTDOOR speaker where many of those reflections will not occur? I understand measuring directivity will still be valid, but a summed response on theorized...
  14. H

Catalogue of blind tests

^ was very informative. I have my own musings after reading, and they are just that, nothing more. IMHO, Archimago's study didn't quite elucidate as clearly as I would have liked, as to why 0.02% THD was favoured over 0.0000002% THD. Or perhaps I didn't mentally note it reading the article. I...
  15. H

BOSC - HiFi Monoblock Class-D Amp

I believe the amp case uses a top plate? If so, it may be beneficial from a customer support perspective to notify the owner's of amps already shipped and offer a new top plate with "Starkrimson" at cost (inc shipping, P&P, taxes). The reasoning behind this is that people receiving a version...
Top Bottom