Recent content by herculepirate

1. H

Chromecast alternative or similar for HD audio

Anything above 24bit 96khz
  2. H

Chromecast alternative or similar for HD audio

I am currently using Chromecast ultra to cast music from Spotify and SqueezeServer. Is there an alternative to Chromecast ultra that can handle HD audio (24bit 96khz and above) Let’s leave RPI options alone since it’s absolutely flaky. Any options?
  3. H

Media Server with iOS/Android remote that can cast to Chromecast without transcoding

@freemansteve Thank you What app do you use to browse and cast to Chromecast?
  4. H

Media Server with iOS/Android remote that can cast to Chromecast without transcoding

One thing is certain. Solutions listed here are not simple. I have found my streamer option in Nvidia Shield but the backend on the server side and app to browse. No simple options
  5. H

Another link I saw: This may support the fact that 24/96 support is only with the USB attached and not through wirelessely.
  6. H

@sarumbear I just could not locate this option. Is it on the Plex Server or Media player. If you can please provide me with a link or instructions.
  7. H

PLEX natively supports only mp3 and m4a. it will transcode FLAC to one of these.
  8. H

Is there a media server that can serve FLAC (24bit 96khz max resolution) to a Chromecast without transcoding. I have tried PLEX and it transcodes audio to mp3 or m4a. There should be a remote to browse the media on a phone/ipad and should be able to cast to Chromecast.
  9. H

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

Looking for a second hand Genelec sub and the new Genelec room correction system
  10. H

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

I have the 8260a They are excellent For the last 10 years I have been using direct digital using m2tech evo and a switch for my Turntable through a Behringer ADC. I missed the connectivity and now have moved to a second hand McIntosh MX151 and using a RPI as a streamer
  11. H

Streamer suggestions

@mudy iFi Zen Stream, seems a great option. Wonder if it can play networked audio from an LMS
  12. H

PA Speaker speaker for home use

@ernestcarl I plan to attach a Rspberry Pi streamer like Volumio, pCP, Max2Play to make it stream music.
Top Bottom