Recent content by Heeld

1. H

Living With Linkwitz

Provided you follow Linkwitz’s room size and speaker placement guidelines you can expect a superb stereo image With the LX521s and LXminis. As he explains, room treatment is not necessary. My experience is that the sweet spot for listening is much wider. Because of the design, the music...
  2. H

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

With the greatest of respect, the whole point is you won’t hear them.
  3. H

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Topping D10 - won’t ever need another DAC. Very handy being able to see the sample rate. Such a bargain I’m getting another. Geshelli Archel 2 - endgame headphone amp for me. next up Hypex Ncore, either March, DIY or Audiophonics.
  4. H

Living With Linkwitz

Like Dave I am lucky enough have both the LXmini and its big brother the LX521. For what it is worth I am very happy running the mini without subs. The bass is of good quality, albeit not deep. The LX521 is next level but needs a big room. The bass is extraordinary. Both are endgame speakers...
  5. H

How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"

Mac mini running iTunes ALAC/Tidal/Roon>Topping D10>Minidsp 4x10HD>Emotiva upa500/700>Linkwitz 521. Total about $7500 USD and $500 pa in subscriptions (this will reduce when I finally decide on whether high res streaming makes a difference to my ageing ears. I won’t keep both iTunes and Tidal...
  6. H

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Vika and Linda 25 years ago their self titled album utterly seduced me. It still has the same effect. If you love First Aid Kit you will swoon over these sisters harmonising.
  7. H

Another of Bic’s best.
  8. H

Bic Runga Birds One of my favourite singers. No filler on the album and it is well recorded.
  9. H

LP aka Laura Pergolizzi Lost on you ..leaves me lost for words.
Top Bottom