Recent content by HeadphoneFan

1. H

Will a Topping Nx3s Clip at High Gain when Used with a D30?

Would there be any benefit to using an A30 instead of an NX3s, other than increased loudness?
  2. H

Will a Topping Nx3s Clip at High Gain when Used with a D30?

Hello Everyone, I hope life is treating you well. I just want to know if the Nx3s would clip with the D30 at high gain. Low gain doesn’t seem to provide enough power to fully bring out the dynamic range in a classical track with my HE 400i. It just generally sounds a bit thin with the HE 400i...
  3. H

Battle of Battery Operated Portable Headphone Amps

I’m using the nx3s connected to my d30 and can’t seem to hear clipping on high gain. Is my hearing just so bad that I can’t hear it? Or is it reasonable to assume that the nx3s can take 2 volts at high gain without clipping? The Fiio a5 can put out 845 mw of power at 32 ohms whereas the nx3s...
  4. H

Is Upgrading from the D30 to the D50s worth it (is the difference audible)?

Hello ASR peoples! I hope you are doing well. I currently own a Topping D30, Hifiman HE 400i, as well as a Topping NX3s. I have a number of CDs that I listen to on a regular basis. I have considered trying to sell my D30 for ~ $100 and getting a Topping D50s, but I'm not sure if the...
  5. H

Sennheiser HD 598 vs (unmodded) Fostex T50rp MK3 vs Other <$300 Headphones

These look great it's just I don't live in the US and am concerned about shipping and especially import fees. I'd probably get the HE 400i except that I've heard they have build quality issues and that Hifiman doesn't really do customer service. Yeah that's what keeps me away from the AD...
  6. H

The T50rp has mediocre imaging? Someone did say it had inferior imaging to the AD 700x. That’s really too bad.
  7. H

So why Is the HD 598 better than the t50rp for gaming? Is the t50rp mk3 better for music? Of course I’d be happy to go with the t20rp mk3 if that’s a better option.
  8. H

Ok thanks. The 598 just seems to provide the best balance of soundstage+imaging, comfort, and tonal neutrality for the price. It's also easy to drive. But maybe I'm missing something? The HE 400i is apparently a bit more neutral and I think its imaging is a bit better, but I would have to pay...
  9. H

I live in Canada so Massdrop products are probably not a great option for me (due to shipping costs/possible import costs, long wait time). The K702 looks really good but it just seems a bit pricey at the moment. To get a model that shipped from Canada I would have to pay ~ $350, so idk. But...
  10. H

Good point bigx5murf, how would the modified t50rps compare to the 598? Which of the modified variants would be best?
  11. H

So I've heard, although I think there are better options for music. But thank you for the recommendation, I will keep that under consideration.
  12. H

Fully Portable Amp that measures better than Objective2?

Dang, it's a shame I missed that. Well somebody else already recommended the A5, I suppose I would just second their recommendation.
  13. H

Fully Portable Amp that measures better than Objective2?

Topping's NX3 has not been measured here but it probably measures similarly to the NX4 DSD, with the main difference being it does not include a DAC and is cheaper. Specs are listed on Topping's website and look quite good, other Topping products have measured well. Why not give it a try?
  14. H

Hello All! I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how the HD 598 would compare to a Fostex T50rp MK3. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be using the headphones for both gaming and music and want something with good imaging that sounds somewhat spacious and tonally balanced. If...
  15. H

Xbox 360 and CDs

Never heard of the sd192 so not sure if the D30 would be an upgrade. All I know is that it's well-reviewed and I'm impressed with how much of an improvement it was over the 360's built-in DAC. In your case it's more than likely not worth the trouble to buy an adapter and bypass the wii's...
Top Bottom