Recent content by Headchef

1. Headchef

Classic Audio MC Pro Phonostage Review

“Notice the total absence of distortion as it should be. I don't have a ranking table to show you for SINAD but typical values are in 60 dB range so this is quite good.” that’s the one from the Cambridge Audio Duo review hope that helps.
  2. Headchef

Aune S8 Balanced DAC Review

I’ve had an s8 for a couple of years now, still very happy with it :)
  3. Headchef

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

I figured that would be the case, but my initial question does raise an important point no?
  4. Headchef

Chord Huei Phono Preamp Review

@amirm just reading the above comments referring to this grounding plate, which appears to connect the RCA earth to the phono earth, could that be the cause of the poor results? It seems like a retrofit solution to unearthed RCA’s but it would be interesting to see the tests repeated with the...
  5. Headchef

Some nice soldering

6. Headchef

Out for a few more days

A top tip for clearing up water quickly and easily is to use the dustpan from a dustpan & brush set, preferably one with a rubber blade along the lip. With that you can quite literally scoop up the water then finish off with a mop. (As a professional chef I have employed this technique with all...
  7. Headchef

How do you SUBJECTIVELY quantify improvements in sound

I do often wonder how much it would be to have a system based on the top performing kit inspected here. I’d assume that it would be built around those rather tasty Genelec active speakers and then the Topping D90SE?
  8. Headchef

I… I.. just… zap.

Oh you folks need these… https://hifipig.com/russ-andrews-rj45-minizap/?fbclid=IwAR1CDw3Z2x-JnhjMUqQtKc4gxuVl4IydGWZ_q5E3bnn_Pk3S0su-JwDeadU
  9. Headchef

Go with the flow?

almost, but then it could also suggest that “cable lifter” work :D
  10. Headchef

Go with the flow?

I concur.
  11. Headchef

Go with the flow?

You folks might find this rather interesting…
  12. Headchef

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

Next you’ll be claiming that tone circuits in guitars don’t work ;) :D
  13. Headchef

Aune BU2 looks very nice!

Well I’m still using my BU1, and when I said that I regretted not waiting for the BU2, actually I don’t. I’m still as happy with the BU1 as I was the day I bought it. I’m in no rush to change it as it sounds so damn good :)
  14. Headchef

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

Just out of curiosity, and I’m not disputing any of Amir’s findings, do the cables have any differences in tone? a signal will still be present but will it have changed in tone? A tone circuit is essentially just a manipulation of resistance, capacitance or inductance. Is it possible to...
  15. Headchef

Scientific American: Analogue is more enjoyable because of bad math.

It might be worth ASR responding to it?
Top Bottom