Recent content by Haskil

1. Haskil

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

If we come back to earth precisely, and get rid of the misinformation in the field of high fidelity and the emotional investment in the equipment we own, a real audiophile disease, we are faced with high-fidelity sound reproduction devices. We just ask them to modify the signal present at its...
  2. Haskil

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

This is a good thing done. Thank you Amir for this new publication. I think we should also contribute to pay Eric Alexander for public relations lessons, because instead of seeing his relationship grow with the community of high-fidelity enthusiasts, his reaction to the measures of Erin Corner...
  3. Haskil

Do CD players sound different to each other?

I find this article very interesting and informative: Thanks for the link. However, I see a difference between a signal jittered and transmitted correctly to a DAC to the practical experience to which I was invited which consisted of sending a signal transmitted more and more incorrectly to a...
  4. Haskil

I participated in a jitter test about fifteen years ago : the CD players were connected to external DACs via a QSC device which produced transmission jitter in a precisely adjustable manner... This QSC device is great because it also allows you to practice ABX tests. Several DACs were used for...
  5. Haskil

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Thank you ! This therefore only makes this parametric equalizer usable to correct the speakers according to the data that we find after each test carried out by Amir, but in no case use it to correct the speakers by measuring them from the listening point... except in the exceptional case...
  6. Haskil

Frankly, the hospital is making fun of charity here... Furthermore, I used a CD 63 for a long time, which I still have stored in its box. He was in no way "shit" as you say so peremptorily and definitively. I don't need to add "in my opinion" of pure rhetorical precaution here and there in my...
  7. Haskil

By stripping certain cables we can sometimes find the industrial reference used by the hifi company which just found it in the catalog of a large industrial cable drawing company... it is visible printed on the original sheath buried under layers mysterious insulators added to make people...
  8. Haskil

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

I may have read it wrong, including the online instructions, but are the 10 parametric corrections announced a coorection per channel or are they applied to both channels at the same time?
  9. Haskil

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

For a Frenchman, this story is incredible. This story would have a lot of difficulty landing in front of a judge. As long as the measurements have not been manipulated and are therefore reproducible, publishing them with comments explaining them and giving the tester's opinion is not illegal...
  10. Haskil

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Well no... You must first check whether a manufacturer's promises are kept. Whoever this manufacturer is and whatever their reputation. Then, compared to the public selling price of the Trinnov, changing the DAC cards for better ones would have a negligible impact, or even, who knows?, would...
  11. Haskil

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Erin's measurements participate like those of ASR which opened the way to making amateurs understand that measurements are capable in the qualitative evaluation of a product... while the press and 99% of influencers on Youtube and audiophile forums claim the opposite and permanently challenge...
  12. Haskil

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Thank you for pointing out this fact... which does justice to Erin and her integrity. I had been reading the comments on ASR for a few pages and I was furious against all those who made Erin say something other than what he had said... and who accused him of the same fault as that of the hi-fi...
  13. Haskil

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

concentric-coaxial HP : bad translate...
  14. Haskil

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

I answer myself. so I installed the kali in 8 v2 correctly... but with the tweeter at the bottom and the woofer at the top to have them at the level of my ears when I'm slumped in my chair. I stored the unused harman kardon 1.0 signature preamp for a long time: it had a mains hum and I hear...
  15. Haskil

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Thank you Amir for this new test! Excellent speakers resulting from a serious study using high-performance measurement tools put in the hands of leading engineers. Honestly remarkable. And an overall reasonable price compared to other passive speakers: as they say, they are well placed on the...
Top Bottom