Recent content by Hart

1. Hart

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

To be honest the whole line of Tekton speakers look like home-made designed, garage built DIY speakers. One speaker has two 12" woofers and a bushel of tweeters, I don't know how it tests or sounds, but that it just does not meet the physics sniff test at all. The M-Lore is just not a very...
  2. Hart

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I have always liked the Mark Levinson look. The red dot readout especially.
  3. Hart

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I am not sure getting 18(?) awards from audio magazines is necessarily a good thing. Or even a point of braggadocio. We have seen "award winning" solid state amplifiers with horrible measurements. An amplifier has only one task so we can't argue that you are tuning an amplifier for distortion...
  4. Hart

His letter reminds me of the letter in Confedercy of Dunces. The book won a Pulitzer prize after the author committed suicide because he could not get his manuscript published. Here it is: Abelman’s Dry Goods Kansas City, Missouri USA Mr. I. Abelman, Mongoloid, Esq.: We have received via post...
  5. Hart

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I emailed and also called the company expressing my concern, I think if everyone did the same it would have an impact. I know after police/towns fail "first amendment auditors" their phones are jammed with calls and changes are made. I think it's powerful.
  6. Hart

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Great idea, now I know why the magazines always wrote glowing reports of everything they reviewed, not only to retain advertisers but also to avoid litigation. ASR is the one of the first to actually tell the truth about an audio product. It's a treasure to protect.
  7. Hart

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Crutchfield is blowing out the Revel Concerta2 F35 for $400 each now. Crazy good value. Hard to beat two of those for $800....
  8. Hart

"I know a thing or two..." Good heavens. The reproduction of sound is 100% science. You are tasked with replicating the original source as close as possible. If you are changing that sound to effect some "creative" solution then you are not reproducing sound, you are coloring it. One example is...
  9. Hart

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Tekton has done exponentially more damage to their brand from bullying than the review could ever do. I would never buy a product from a purveyor that was capable of that behavior. The impulse lacked any strategic or long term thinking.
  10. Hart

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I think it's a harder sell to many people due to being mono and a separate power supply. An all in one stereo option with a really good industrial design would be a home run for sure. Don't cheap out on the box, an extra $25 at the manufacturing level will go a long way.
  11. Hart

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

This is really interesting, there are so many vintage speakers I would be curious about, great job!
  12. Hart

Q Acoustics 5040 floorstanding speaker review by Erin

Interesting, numerous site have designated this speaker by far the best speaker in it's price category. So much disconnect between the Science site and the internet/periodical review sites... Is it a reflection of tailoring your speaker sound to appeal to the market vs. an accurate reproduction...
  13. Hart

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I was considering the R5, the smaller version of this speaker, I am hoping it is just as good albeit with less bass. This speaker in white is really nice looking, especially with the white drivers.
  14. Hart

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

This amp has everything, low power without the stigma of low distortion.
  15. Hart

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

It's one of the crazy things you observe as an audiophile. I have VU meters on my amp with reasonably efficient speakers you rarely use more than 10 watts at a reasonable listening level. Most of the gains earned by spending tens of thousands on the front end can barely be heard, if at all. Yet...
Top Bottom