Recent content by Harryharryharry

1. H

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

I used to be attracted to social media. I aubsitituded that addiction with scrolling a news app. This made me feel pretty anxious and depressed. I've now substitute the news addiction with ASR. It's harmless, no alrogitm and can be boring/ run out of new things or interesting threads. So I'm...
  2. H

Subwoofer for music only, for placement in corner, 700€ Budget

Arsenal Measured and discussed here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-measured-10-subwoofers.49042/
  3. H

Subwoofer for music only, for placement in corner, 700€ Budget

Check out the Ardenal 1961 s. I'm looking for another sub at a similar budget and may go for that one.
  4. H

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Apart from CEA-2010 what's the next most important measure or two? Group delay seems to be raised quite often in this thread.
  5. H

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I currently have one SB-1000 Pro and looking to get another sub. 1961 1S probably fits my needs best (not too big, not crazy expensive). Any other subs at this price point or below that are better do you think? Given I listen at relatively low volumes (70db) it doesn't sound like upgrading...
  6. H

Portable Laptop speakers

Second vote for Miniig speakers. Most impressive portable Bluetooth speaker I've heard.
  7. H

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Yeah I'm aware of that hence the speculation! I believe there was a hardware limitation with the previous range (2 ch dirac only?) but wonder if the multi channel diract HT lineup would be capable of DLBC / ART?
  8. H

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Any speculation as to whether Minidsp will produce a device with DLBC and ART?
  9. H

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

I was just about to suggest the same thing. A short list of recommended or +-0.5db cartridges would be amazing.
  10. H

Ultimate List of What Matters and What doesn't Matters or Audible Differences

Given this priority list, how come it feels like most reviews on here are electronics that make little difference or are totally transparent? It would be great to see more of a focus on speakers, placement, room treatment/eq etc.
  11. H

Genelec 8331A Powered SAM Studio Monitor Review (by Erin)

I think I'll stick with the dirac route, seems much better value especially on the subs and I've got half of it already but thank you.
  12. H

How would you compare it with Dirac? I'm not planning on manual rew tinkering (other than what's needed for integrating subs with the flex)
  13. H

Just ordered some 8331s in white heavily discounted at Back in the UK at the moment! I'm wondering about GLM Vs Dirac, any thoughts here? I have one svs sb100 pro sub (will get another for this setup) and a minidsp flex in my office I can use in the living room. Option A: 2 X SVS sb1000...
  14. H

WiSa technology and its future developments.

Shame there's not many WISA speakers. You'd have thought there'd be a WISA decoder that could be attached to each wired speaker? Is there?
  15. H

Best wireless ear buds

Those Bose earbuds do that each time you put them in the run a frequency sweep or sorts. Pretty cool 'room correction' is coming to our ears!
Top Bottom