Recent content by HammerSandwich

1. H

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

And thank goodness! Folks who want fewer channels have plenty of options. Per ASR review index, Amir has recommended at least a dozen stereo DACs under $300 in the last year alone. Not reviewed - recommended.
  2. H

My New Album Released Today

Huh. I thought it was pretty clearly established that Paul wrote "The Night Before."
  3. H

A Call For Humor!

Way back, had a shelter dog which was very skittish about sudden noises. She got into the garbage one day when home alone, ate a pile of chicken bones, and caused a big vet bill. My girlfriend had a ton of Halloween decorations, including a doormat which screamed when someone stepped on it...
  4. H

A Call For Humor!

Then wait for the cat to use the tray & maintain eye contact while you steal its roll.
  5. H

PS Audio FR30 speakers

Yes, it's easy to read too much into a single graph. HFN posted their measurements of the Perlisten S4B today, and they provide an interesting comparison to Erin's NFS data. The peaks >5kHz match relatively well - as we might hope from gating, despite mic differences - but HFN shows additional...
  6. H

JL Audio 8w3v3 for home sub

0.2L Vd won't shake the room at high levels, but is that the goal in a bedroom system? Will any woofer make useful 20Hz, if peak SPL is 80dB? @TankTop, perhaps you should add more details, such as main speakers, amp, room size, desired extension. If your goal is ~35-40Hz at moderate SPL from...
  7. H

Snake Oil Department, Top This

IIRC, Sam Tellig wrote that one of his buddies (The Brass Ear?) had a barber's chair, so that he could adjust his altitude for different recordings. Edit: Remembered almost correctly. It's in the Apogee Stage review:
  8. H

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Isn't it amazing how many people can make such a change, experience problems, and not consider returning to the good configuration?
  9. H

A Call For Humor!

Delete that apology! The new pic is a cromulent enough cover version of the same song.
  10. H

good quality female pop

She don't impress you much? (Sorry. Haven't had a chance to pull that line out for 20 years.)
  11. H

A Call For Humor!

Hat tip to XKCD, of course.
  12. H

Solving puzzle: how is this possible?

If it's an editing trick, why not show a properly scrambled cube up front? It's only a few turns from solved before he starts.
  13. H

Frequency affected when speakers near boundaries.

https://www.prosoundtraining.com/2011/08/29/how-boundaries-affect-loudspeakers/
  14. H

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Dismiss it if you like, but when I played the very first demagnetized LP, my wife immediately noticed from the kitchen. It turns out that the rotating magnetic fields affected her carbon-steel knives, so the Furutech allows much thinner, more consistent, tomato slices. Additionally, it turns...
Top Bottom