Recent content by Hal Rockwell

1. H

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

The big one is OPA564. The small one is OPA1612. What is their purpose in the THX888 module? Is the output of one feeds the input of the other? Is one of the controls the feedback of the other?
  2. H

That I know. I can read spec sheets. I want to know why there are two of them and what is the purpose of each one.
  3. H

Can someone please tell me what OPA564 and OPA1612 do in SP400?
  4. H

What else matters on the sound of a headphone besides the Harman curve and distortion?

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I just watched the latest video on Headfi's YouTube regarding MDAQS. It sounded like BS in the first one, about a year ago, and it sounds the same today. I like the way the Headphone Show presents its measurements. It gives a range most people's preferences...
  5. H

You'll probably never need more power than the L50 puts out.
  6. H

L50 has no difference between the balanced and SE inputs which means it works as SE-only input. You can compare specs but the SP400 will have more power. The question is if you need more power.
  7. H

TOPPING EHA5

Got my EHA5 today and it has the same problem. It seems to be unable to handle a full 4 volts in passthrough mode. I use PC as the source and have tried it with multiple DACs. Finally turned the PC volume to 40 out of 100 and the distortion went away.
  8. H

Hifiman releases EF400 AiO DAC-Amp

Did anyone tried to connect the EF400 line out to any OTL amp such as Little Dot MKII or any STAX energizers? How was your experience?
  9. H

Combining AMT and Planar Magnetic Technologies

Why is there no AMT Planar Magnetic Headphone? Is there no benefit in combining the two technologies?
  10. H

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I thought it was the same SU-9 with a different firmware that doesn't have MQA enabled. How can it be that it measures better?
  11. H

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Considering that I don't need the extra features - will D30PRO be a noticeable sonic upgrade? My amp is SP400.
  12. H

Massdrop x Meze 99 Noir Review (Headphone)

Dekoni Meze 99 pads are like the new pads or the old, better sounding, ones?
Top Bottom