Recent content by hadadzhi

1. H

Focal Clear vs Clear Pro vs HD650

Thanks! By the way, not to steer off topic, but can someone suggest headphones close to HD650 in the mid and high freqs, but with deeper (meaning more or less flat FR extended to lower frequencies), flatter and less distorted bass? Personally, I think, the Clear Professional were it, but...
  2. H

Oh! Can you elaborate on the method to lower the clamping force?
  3. H

I have a sneaking suspicion that many people don't like HD650 simple because they just clamp your poor head so mercilessly. Also, the stock pads were kind of garbage on mine. Wore out quickly, too. I picked up a pair of aftermarket ones and they are much more comfortable :) Nevertheless, good...
  4. H

Hi! I would like some discussion on the following two points. Maybe someone can clear up my mind. Please read to the end. 1. Here are two measurement reports from the same site: https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FocalClearsnA1BRQE000007.pdf...
  5. H

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Hi! After using my ADI-2 DAC for a while I discovered the following problem: When the sampling rate is changed through WASAPI, there's a loud pop in the left channel of the line out. It never happens on the phones out, only on the line out, and only in the left channel. It doesn't happen if...
  6. H

:) Funny, because I on the contrary very much like that on the ADI-2 all configuration is done on the device itself. I've had enough of fiddling with E-MU's PatchMixDSP ;) Though, as an option, it (software control) would be nice indeed. Just as an update for anyone wondering, the device is now...
  7. H

Hi! Thanks for the clarifications! I stand corrected: with "Mute Line == off" all outputs are active, and line out's volume and EQ apply on all of them. I personally will stick to the new "toggle plugged" option though, thanks for pointing it out :) Can you please also look into this: And in...
  8. H

Topping D70 broken ASIO?

In my experience, on both of my ASIO-capable interfaces, DirectSound always worked alongside ASIO. As far as I understand, the ASIO client sets the sampling rate/format and Windows follows that lead (sample rate/format changes automatically in the sound control panel). Then both the ASIO and...
  9. H

Well, not exactly (pun intended :)), since 24 bit integers can have 8 significant decimal digits, and 32 bit (single precision) float only guarantees that integers with 6 or less significant digits will be preserved when converting to single precision and back. Please correct if I'm wrong!
  10. H

Not necessarily, since the volume control is digital, you could just, for example, select the controlled output with one encoder, and then control the volume with the other. In ADI-2 DAC, I think, there is actually just one DAC inside the box, and two output stages, which are being...
  11. H

Hi! Thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it! But the plot thickens :) So, I installed 1903 again, to see if it will work any better. At first it was the same story (without RME drivers), but somehow after several restarts (without fiddling with audio drivers) Windows will now let me...
  12. H

Hi! I agree that WASAPI is just classic microsoft not caring enough . They could continue to accept audio streams from "shared-mode" applications and just seamlessly discard them when an "exclusive-mode" application enters the field. No need to crash the DirectSound applications or spit erros at...
  13. H

Hi! After searching for a modern audio interface with a good headphone amp and a parametric EQ, I settled on the ADI-2 DAC. Just wanted to share some of my impressions and experiences: 1. "Driverless" operation is still clunky on Windows 10 1809 even with the latest firmware 26/30. Windows'...
  14. H

Modern (fully Windows 10 compatible) USB/PCIe audio interface suggestions

Ok, I'm slightly stupid, so I only now noticed that this thread is off-topic for this subforum. Can someone please move it to "Audio Electronics and Hardware"?
  15. H

Mastering Hall of Shame

Personally, the best mixing/mastering work I heard (in my personal completely unprofessional opinion, ofc) was from electronic artists, like Shpongle or Celldweller, while in rock/metal, old and new alike, the sound is mostly mediocre, and sometimes outright bad. Even though musicians themselves...
Top Bottom