Recent content by gwertheim

1. G

Review and Measurements of JDS Labs EL DAC

To each there own, all I'm saying there's more to which one is the best than what is on paper
  2. G

I might be new to the whole audiophile thing and all the charts. I am also a cook/baker. You can measure every recipe down to the gram and break the finished dish down to figure out what tastes good but I rely on my own senses tell me whats right and what the customer would like
  3. G

Yes it is but numbers are only part of the story. Personal preference comes into play also since everyone perceives music differently
  4. G

Music is about passion, the feeling of a piece of music when you know it's not sounding right to you
  5. G

You guys do know that numbers only tell you so much and the rest is your senses and individual ears. You can look at charts til ur eyes bleed. Your heart and mind tell you the truth when it comes to music and sound
  6. G

XLR Cable Suggestion

You could go monoprice, I hear their quality is pretty good these days
  7. G

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

That and the mx3 is almost $100 cheaper and considering the state of the Canadian dollar, the mx3 fits my budget better so I can get a decent pair of speakers so I don't have to use headphones all the time
  8. G

Either way, I am not getting the dx3 pro, mx3 seems more reliable and stable
  9. G

When power is going through a circuit board, it creates heat, heat then transfers to the air and it has to go somewhere so the air will heat up no matter what. The air temp will change when the dac is running no matter what
  10. G

Fiio btr1k laymen noob review

First off LOVED my 6P! This is not a gaming product by any means. It's primarily for music and YouTube, gaming is totally different
  11. G

The heat created by the circuit board increases the temperature inside the case. You need ventilation when you have power going through a circuit. When the board gets warm, the air around it gets warm and that heat has to escape. Basic science.
  12. G

I'm gonna go with the mx3 for now, the dx3 is too much of a risk
  13. G

A cost effective Music Server and HTPC

They both have acoustic padding and isolate sound well, it comes down to the looks of the case and your personal needs. Fractal define r6 is just my opinion and bquiet is KR8NUX opinion. Do the research and decide for yourself.
  14. G

Fiio btr1k laymen noob review

Upon further inspection, the casing is 75% metal and 25% plastic
  15. G

The whole point of a heatsink is to disapate heat into the air. If the air has no where to go it will just get hotter and transfer from the chip to the metal shell, you need ventilation so the hot air can rise
Top Bottom