Recent content by guyinoz

1. G

Room Acoustics Bass Traps, wow

Thanks for sharing along with the data
  2. G

MiniDSP DDRC-22D DIRAC measurements

Hi, i have bought the DDRC-24 along with a UMIK-1 and done the Dirac measurements along with integrating a sub woofer through the cross over functionality of the minidsp plug-in. So far i have been happy and the process was relatively easy, although one does have to print out the DDRC-24 manual...
  3. G

Playback volume impact on room correction

Excellent explanation. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do this.
  4. G

Great thanks so much. Appreciate the answer.can you point out where my logic was flawed specially in thinking correction was different at different dBs.
  5. G

Hi, I am thinking of getting a Dirac live based room correction processor. I noticed the instructions say do correction in certain dB level (say 75 dB as measured by REW at listening spot) . I fiddle a lot with my volume on my integrated amp or DAC specially when listening to streaming services...
  6. G

Thanks so much for the reply. So is there a downstream impact on amplifier? Say it has 29 dB gain so does it become 19 dB gain , everything else remaining the same?
  7. G

Hi, maybe an unrelated and novice question but if Dirac reduces input by 10db then is there an impact on the dac and amp going forward. For example, does the dac have to have something specials boost it so that the amp gets say 1.2V ? Or will any dac do this ?
  8. G

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I have been using filter 5 mostly for rock music and live performances recordings. Played around only a little bit with the filters but till now haven’t heard huge differences for music I have been listening to.
  9. G

Are Super tweeters worth it?

Thanks Don, Ray and Blumlein. That’s very helpful.
  10. G

Are Super tweeters worth it?

Hi, saw some people on forums argue for it. Things like this one from Aperion Audio with crossovers. I already have a sub woofer and floor standing speakers for two channel audio listening which I am reasonably satisfied with. Any helpful advice on whether it is worth investing in ? I don’t know...
  11. G

Thanks for letting me know. It feels good to know it may not be fully broken. I tried with a bunch of RCA cables and it didn’t work. Seems to be ok with optical out of the same bluesound 2i so I will stick with that and play cable lottery again next weekend.
  12. G

I got the topping d50s with the external power supply. Sounds better than the bluesound node2i. Still exploring the filters But it’s coax input is not working. Possibly not worth sending back over this as optical in is working, seems this was an issue in d50 as well.
  13. G

Loudspeaker isolation ...

I have the isoacoustics Gaia 3 and they are awesome. My floor standing speakers never sounded better. Not a audiophile so not great with words but would say they are more directed, greater energy and all parts of a song can be more clearly identified
  14. G

big DACs vs dedicated desktop dacs - when does it matter?

Thanks all, very helpful and feel I have learnt a lot
Top Bottom