Recent content by Gundud

1. G

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Thanks for the recommendation, sadly both are not available in my country and ordering from oversea will likely to cost me almost 30-40% of the price. Guess i just need to find out if there is built in filter in DX3 Pro+ to prevent the protection. My typical use is mixed of music (some have...
  2. G

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Hello! I'm planning to buy this DX3 Pro+, so if you can help me with these two question that would be awesome. 1. Given all the features (BT, Optical, etc) is there any alternative option at similar price range? 2. I read the protection will kick in if playing low frequency. the thing is I want...
  3. G

Subwoofer hum when using expensive cable

I do have multimeter but the cheap one. What do you mean with open? If its continuity then the multimeter beep and showing 002 value. Touching the two probe together, resistances is 02.7 (selector is on 200, other selector value are 2k, 20k, 200k, 2M, 200M). The cable core resistances is 04.2...
  4. G

This is what I suspected too. My initial thought is there is no grounding on the cheap cable. I don't want to cut it open since this is currently my no-hum cable, but the other cable have 3 wire inside, I suspect the super cheap one only have 2?
  5. G

Hi! My subwoofer (PB 2000 Pro ) is connected to Minidsp. So far I have tested 3 cables: 1. Diy cable with all the expensive material = hum. 2. Ready to use cable $5 (Vention/Ugreen) = hum. 3. Cheap $2 RCA cable (5 meters) with very thick rubber = no hum. The thing is, the cheap RCA is...
  6. G

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

I saw that @amirm is using 12db boost at 20hz. My question is how high you can boost to be considered safe for the driver (not breaking, blown, etc.). I guess for the distortion you can use ear as a guide, but how about the safety of the driver it self (pushing harder than what it was designed...
  7. G

Why The Watt is so big on Active Subwoofer?

Almost equality distant, that's why I'm really hoping that this minidsp works so I can tweak delay and sound level. Thanks for the convo, appreciated your time, and now I need to google what you mean with A+B could present impendence issues. All this 3 subs is 8 ohm so hopefully that is okay.
  8. G

Yeah I can see why this is confusing. I said 25% because I only put the volume knob on my Pioneer VSX 9900 at 9 o'clock. On denon it would show db, but on VSX its basically scale from 1 to 30 and the dial is set on 8. I'm using Cerwin Vega HT10D, Sw12B and NHT SW2p. I think most of them are at...
  9. G

The plan is, from denon sub out to mini dsp, then from mini dsp, to Pioneer VSX 9900 and 1 more amplifier. I need another amplifier because I can only use L+R on VSX9900, and I have 3 subs. From there I configure the sub granularly, level matching, phase, EQ correction.
  10. G

Yes, and this is why I started the thread. I mean this pioneer only have 100 watt and I'm only using 25% of the volume level (for 3 subs). Those new shiny sub out there have 500rms watt for single driver. But I get it now. Thanks a lot
  11. G

Anyway thanks for the response guys, its clearer now. And this minidsp is going to infuse another life to my passive sub. Basically my passive sub will have even more control than majority of active sub. Although most of my sub only can reach 25hz.
  12. G

Because I have old vintage stuffs that I wont let go, and forcing it to keep up with the current set up.
  13. G

Hi Chrispy, Thanks for your reply and sorry if my post is bit confusing. I'm using Denon X1400h as my main, this Denon have 2 subwoofer output (which many people says its basically single output only). I connect this 2 subwoofer output to my Pioneer VSX9900s, and on the VSX9900 output, I...
  14. G

Oddly shaped in most oddly way. Concentrated in middle of room, surrounded by 3 sub (2 front, 1 in the back). I have to reverse the polarity on 1 sub to get better response, other wise there will be big null. This is why I bought the minidsp.
  15. G

Yap you right. I'm using sub out from AVR (Denon) to the Pioneer AVR and hooked the possive sub to L+R (A) and L (B) and turn A+B :D.
Top Bottom