Recent content by guenthi_r

1. G

Hagerman Bugle3 Phono Stage Review

For the EP-06, go with the low-impedance-version, using OPA1642 in front & OPA1656 afterwards.
  2. G

Fun with vinyl measurements

Sure, very short. I am using the very first 1khz Tone, "Part 9: Frequency response" (with RIAA).
  3. G

It is a Focusrite Scarlett 2nd, maybe i dialed the input too hot.... However, after several measurements (this i a annoying short track on the TACET!) i get constantly 0.20-0.40% 2nd harmonics with the 1khz tone. It depends very much on the centering of the TACET.
  4. G

Done this via averaging if i correctly understand you: RED: first measuring above with Focusrite Scarlett BLUE: using better ADC, 8 averages (substracting 2,5 dB for better visibility) ..or do you want the raw numbers?
  5. G

@stereoplay Thanks alot. Done the test again with a better ADC and got better results: 2nd harmonics is lowered to 0,20 % 2nd harmonic 0,20 % 3rd harmonic 0,048 % 4th harmonic 0,019 % 5th harmonic 0,0090 % 6th harmonic 0,0045 % 7th harmonic 0,0037 % 8th harmonic 0,0032 % 9th harmonic 0,0028...
  6. G

@stereoplay Just for fun, measured cheap setup with the TACET (beginning of the frequency-response test, 1khz reference level): RED: Noisefloor GREEN: TACET Testtone 1khz Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be that a cheap signal generator was used here (on the TACET)? The 2nd harmonics seems a...
  7. G

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

@stereoplay , is your software buyable?
  8. G

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

passive RIAA paired with OPA1612, well done, Schiit! :) it's a shame it's so expensive in europe.
  9. G

Cambridge Audio Solo Phono Preamplifier Review

The pictures are the right. Maybe you should take a look into before posting.
  10. G

Hagerman Bugle2 DIY Kit Phono Preamp

Wrong schematic for the Bugle..
  11. G

Not exactly, the duo has 7 transistors per channel in the signal path, the solo 2. Anyway, the circuit´s looks very different to me.
  12. G

Maybe copyrighted, so click on the pictures to zoom: Solo Duo
  13. G

Not true. Take a look an the teardown pictures around the internet, the mm stage differs alot between solo/duo. BTW, nice to see the good old NE5322 in these units :)
  14. G

Hagerman Bugle3 Phono Stage Review

Own an Bugle2 long time ago. Changed resistors & caps with matched pairs, also the OP-Amps to OPA1642/1656/1656 (only for MM). The Bugle2 sounds very good, has a lean-back presentation (typical for passive RIAA-EQ), i like it. The noise is a little bit on the high side, no worry about that...
Top Bottom