Recent content by GTsmokeya84

1. G

Paradigm Persona,

Mine are in silver, I would have paid more to get them in black. I bought a dealer demo. Sorry for the late reply I dont make it back here for a while sometimes.
  2. G

Paradigm Persona,

No worry not rude at all. I paid 5k for my Persona's. So paying 1200 for a defiance sub was easier to swallow than buy the sub I really wanted. That being said when you have Arc turned off I do not care for the sub at all. With arc and crossover settings the way I want it sounds many times...
  3. G

Revel concerta2 M16 10/10 New in box

I will have to consider this, fairly tempting. Thank you.
  4. G

Paradigm Persona,

I think you will be impressed. With the room being treated you can really appreciate them. A little over a year later I still find things impressive about them. For comparison I have the following speakers in my home now that I listen to on a regular basis. Persona 3F Kef R5 Kef R3 and the...
  5. G

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I am referring to their newest lineup. The mini atom is a real value. https://www.paradigm.com/en/passive/monitor-se-atom
  6. G

I'm building my man cave/theater. Where to put things?

Looking great. I have a upstairs loft for my theater room and I have been lost with style/function so cool to see other peoples spaces and ideas. Congrats and keep at it.
  7. G

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Paradigm Mini Monitor, list is 300 a pair but on sale for 250 or sometimes. They sound amazing on cheap amps and expensive amps. I bought a pair and love them on anything I put them on and a few friends have even bought them since hearing mine.
  8. G

Revel concerta2 M16 10/10 New in box

I wish the speaker grille was black. I think the black and white works. I have really grown to like white speakers. What are your thoughts on how they sound?
  9. G

Paradigm Persona,

I picked up a Defiance X12 sub to pair with my 3F's and with a Rotel amp. Using the Arc for the subwoofer was easy and game changing. Not saying it will challenge 9H but be so damn good I cant help but smile no matter what I play now. Honestly I thought the Persona's were "picky" when i got...
  10. G

Arcam AVR10 Review

^ This. I too have been wondering this for some time. I have anthem's Arc in my theater and it sounds amazing in there with the stock anthem amp which measures like crap. I dont listen to music in there unless its part of a movie score etc so maybe harder for me to tell.
  11. G

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

Hi there, thank you for this review, very nice looking unit. Curious as Emotiva makes a preamp for $330 and I have 2. Both seem transparent to me but I don't care for their integrated dac chip. But using an external dac and sources the Emotiva has been really good to me. Any chance that we...
  12. G

Booked my room for AXPONA 2020

I live about 30 minutes at most from the Renaissance and Axpona last year was my first audio show ever. I went all day Friday and Saturday last year. I brought my brother and friend on Saturday to show them what I found and liked. I cannot wait, my wife agreed to go this year since she is...
  13. G

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Odell, Rupture. https://www.odellbrewing.com/ Great beer. Good variety but Rupture is my fav.
  14. G

Review and Measurements of Yamaha RX-A1080 AVR

So my 1080 AVR has had the subwoofer pre-outs act up the last few months. I thought it was my subs since they are a few years older and even replaced the cables and for random reasons the subs would work. Now the other night one worked (I am using 2 both pre outs) and than none worked middle...
  15. G

Review and Measurements of Yamaha RX-A1080 AVR

As I have this AVR and I am currently running Kef R5's and matching center I have been thinking of getting a separate amp to run from the pre-outs in either 3ch or 5ch. I know Emotiva makes a 5ch amp (A-5175) which is priced right in my range. I think someone earlier in this thread said the...
Top Bottom