Recent content by GTAXL

1. GTAXL

Lynx Hilo vs Lynx Aurora (n)

The Aurora(n) was based upon the Hilo yet the Hilo is slightly better. If you only need 2 channels then I'd stick with the Hilo because it has a lot it can offer that the Aurora can't, such as routing, etc. I'd only consider the Aurora if you need those additional channels.
  2. GTAXL

Lynx Aurora 8 Review (8-channel DAC/ADC)

Great stuff! Can you do measurements of the ADC?
  3. GTAXL

Figures, everyone seems to let it loose. I have a friend that has a PM2 in his studio. I've tried to convince him to send it to be measured but he can't part with it even temporarily, he uses it daily in his studio and knows what a gem he has and ain't gonna be letting it loose.
  4. GTAXL

Your low-res measurement from 2003. If you still have a PM2 you should send it in or do an RMAA test.
  5. GTAXL

It probably wasn't locked yet and using the analog PLL. But I figured something was fishy.
  6. GTAXL

This is equipment for studio use though, that's why to evaluate it and review it for a different application and to ding it for not holding up to said application doesn't make sense. Also, why does this site strictly have to be geared towards just home hi-fi usage? I thought this was "Audio...
  7. GTAXL

I agree that it's not the best design, but it does appear to be standardized by AES for audio too (AES59) , thanks to the likes of Tascam/Yamaha and DigiDesign. These converters you get the breakouts direct from the manufacturer and they will all be properly labelled. You can get custom lengths...
  8. GTAXL

I get that, but that is not this unit's target market. In the commercial studio world, regardless of the brand, the breakout cables on converters is pretty common, not limited to Lynx at all. Those are both consumer/prosumer devices. Different needs and application. In a commercial studio...
  9. GTAXL

Back then USB audio wasn't as mature as it is today, plus the target market is the commercial studio, which if they aren't tied into the protools ecosystem, will use AES/EBU or ADAT. It makes sense this converter has AES/EBU only. I'm personally using AES/EBU on my home rig because my...
  10. GTAXL

Why wasn't the ADC tested in this? That would be the primary usage of this in the professional studio. Do note this is their discontinued Aurora from 2005. The newer (n) version has Hilo-like performance and has a Audio Precision SYS-2722 report. Which is pretty common on multi-channel...
  11. GTAXL

KOSS Porta Pro Review (On-ear Headphone)

@amirm Test some JVC Flat's model HAS160. Last letter just denotes the color. They apparently push well beyond their price point and measure flat in FR, hence their name.
  12. GTAXL

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

Shame you didn't test Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 and capacitance. BJC is the best in this regard, and their build quality is excellent.
  13. GTAXL

Tascam BD-MP1 Review (CD/Blu-ray Player)

Should of also measured coax out. Would of been interesting to see how well it works as a transport.
  14. GTAXL

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

The FiiO Q1 is a better performing flask. :)
Top Bottom