Recent content by Gruesome

1. Gruesome

Announcing beta-test of PKHarmonic VST plugin

No, I'm reading the THD numbers for each plot from the legend below the graph.
  2. Gruesome

without : THD_H2..9 3.41% with : THD 2.37% without : THD 3.39% with : THD 2.22%
  3. Gruesome

It looks like you reversed 'with' and 'without'. The 'without' graphs have higher harmonics.
  4. Gruesome

Elekit TU-8200R amplifier - anybody built or heard one?

The only tube I owned before buying this kit was an old photomultiplier tube. I agree regarding the usefulness and implementation neatness of the headphone output with the four 1/2 Watt 3.3 Ohm resistors hanging from the main output. If there is a special 'sound'/coloration/distortion...
  5. Gruesome

Elekit TU-8200R amplifier - anybody built or heard one?

Thanks, Knave, very interesting about the inaudible differences! I got the Lundahls, but I have no idea what the standard transformers sound or measure like. Apparently I can hear sub-percent addition of harmonics in a single sine wave, but with music I seem to need more before it becomes really...
  6. Gruesome

What Hi-Fi's Amp Reviews: A Basket of Unmeasurables?

Maybe we could do what some science collaborations do (or at least tried to do), providing summaries of findings (reviews) in plain english? See for example https://d0.fnal.gov/Run2Physics/WWW/results/summary.htm . Amir has tried to explain the structure of his reviews in general (in video...
  7. Gruesome

The default for my headphone adapter, 32 bit 48kHz. (I think for the built-in speakers it's 16 bit 48 kHz).
  8. Gruesome

Pkane, v1.3 is definitively an improvement with my particular setup (on which it didn't really work before). It still develops huge (>5 s) delays when making changes (select bypass, or change the percent mixer, or change individual harmonics setting) inside the plugin in the Eq APO editor.exe on...
  9. Gruesome

Help a beginner build a cheap system around $100-$300 without speakers.

If you are feeding your amplifier from a computer-like device, just run an equalizer plugin on the computer (e.g. Equalizer APO on Windows, chrome Audioequalizer - EQ plugin, etc.).
  10. Gruesome

KEF Direct Blemished Speaker Cabinets

Interesting. I never noticed that second set of holes before.
  11. Gruesome

KEF Direct Blemished Speaker Cabinets

Actually, at least one of your boxes had an extra set of holes from wider closing staples. They are under the sealing tape, so the box had been stapled shut before.
  12. Gruesome

Strange clicking noises with Loxjie A30

Yes, of course. But Tim was suggesting testing a different input. Does the A30 work with headphones or earphones?
  13. Gruesome

Amplifier for KEF R3 Meta

So you need about 1 Watt per channel, give or take? (75 dB SPL listening level = 0.1 W with speaker sensitivity of 85 dB SPL per 1 W @ 1m; 3 m distance squared = factor 9, so 1 W.) So any amp (with good measurements) will do, and you can go just by optics, price and features. How about the...
  14. Gruesome

Strange clicking noises with Loxjie A30

Were there reports earlier of people finding lose parts inside their amplifiers? Maybe it's a short inside the A30. Can you still return the unit?
  15. Gruesome

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Dang, I thought the item in the third picture was a Walkman! I guess the next (final?) stage after TL;DR is TL;DETTTCLAP (didn't even take time to carefully look at pictures).
Top Bottom