Recent content by groovybassist

1. G

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

@BDWoody Incredibly important post for all of us. Spelling the entire process out is extremely valuable - I could hear myself in much of the thought process you went through. Hope your current recovery goes well and is uneventful. Best of luck with the future procedures.
  2. G

Upgrade LM3886 to Neurochrome Modulus 686

@tomchr is a member here or you could reach out to him directly [email protected]
  3. G

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I applaud Dave at Ascend for literally putting his money where his mouth is. These measurements are terrific for a speaker at this price point and set a very high bar for others. Based on Erin’s review, I actually ordered a pair for our TV room, which is a small, mixed use space (TV and music...
  4. G

Are trainers (sneakers) like HiFi?

+1 on both of these recommendations. Anytime I bought new trainers, I always went through a period of discomfort - like my feet had to get used to the new shoes. That all changed when I tried Hoka’s. They felt comfortable immediately and I was able to walk longer distances with no foot pain...
  5. G

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

More on AVSForum: BMR HT Tower Klippel Measurements
  6. G

Best Passive loudspeaker designs!

Definitely Philharmonic Audio
  7. G

New Philharmonic HT Centers are Here!

As a very happy BMR HT Tower owner, that approach is very much appreciated!
  8. G

Finished A Neurochrome Modulus-86 Amplifier

Nice build! Tom’s stuff is the real deal - enjoy the amp.
  9. G

Who would buy a speaker without listening to it?

I’ve bought and enjoyed a number of speakers without listening to them in advance (KEF LS50 Meta and LSX II, PSB Synchrony B600, Philharmonic Audio BMR HT Towers). I felt confident doing so due to objective measurements published on sites like ASR and Audioholics. Funny thing is, all of these...
  10. G

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

I don’t understand why some folks here care what someone else decides to pay for an amp??? There’s myriad reasons beyond ultimate performance that someone can choose a specific piece of gear. Unless someone is entering the discussion indicating they were duped or encountered false advertising...
  11. G

My Neurochrome Modulus-686 Build

I agree 100%. Tom has made it very clear he’s not competing in the “race-to-the-bottom” sweepstakes. His products combine his engineering talent, with parts sourced from legitimate vendors, manufactured to a very high standard. Admittedly, I’m biased in his favor as I’ve purchased 4 different...
  12. G

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Your use of bolding and a face palm emoji suggests you hold a rather demeaning view of people who don’t post links in this thread. I’d prefer a more constructive approach, but hey, that’s me.
  13. G

Didn’t realize links was mandatory in this thread. For those it would hurt more to figure out what these items are: Neurochrome 686 Bernina 535
  14. G

Don’t I wish! Wife’s a knitter, but now getting into sewing as well. Can get insanely expensive - just like audio!
  15. G

A Neurochrome Modulus-686 Safe-n-Sane (built by Tom Christiansen) for me and a Bernina 535 for my wife. I think we’ve got the next 10 Christmas holidays covered.
Top Bottom