Recent content by Grierts

1. G

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

This is probably a silly question, but I am definitely not an electrician. How could one know if they are fully utilizing an external amp ? Meaning the NC502MP has 2.35V sensitivity to get 500W into 4 ohm speakers Or it's 2.77V sensitivity to get 350W into 8 ohm speakers. Is there any way I...
  2. G

Hey so question. In order for us to reach that full 3.5/4 volts. We would need to turn up the volume control on the AVR ? All the way up i would presume
  3. G

Check out this thread i literally just started a few days ago. It was about the sister avr to the Rz50. I have the Integra Drx 3.4 There is a link in this thread that talks about how 2 people contacted onkyo customer support about preout voltage. 1 person was told the pre outs voltage is 1V...
  4. G

Hypex NC502MP NCore Amplifier 500Wx4 compatability with AVR

L/R Speakers : Emotiva b1+ Sensitivity =85db Center : Emotiva C2+ Sensitivity is like 92db Surrounds: Neumi b5 Sensitivity is 85db So yeah, I understand I dont need a lot of power. Ima just get The Pascal model 4x800 And be done with this .
  5. G

Damm never even knew about low gain . So one last question: (I feel like a nuisance, since I'm so ignorant to this hi-fi world) Taking into account my max 2V AVR preout. The Pascal model does 4x800 Hypex NC502MP NCore Amplifier 500Wx4 If its true the Pascal requires 2.5V. I'll get more...
  6. G

So can somebody verify if I am understanding this required VRMS for amps The NC500OEM requires 10.73vrms to be fully powered at 4ohms The 1ET400A / Purifi-Audio Requires 9.6VRMS to be fully powered at 4ohms The PASCAL L-PRO2S requires 3.5V for full output voltage swing Is this correct ???
  7. G

From the Drx3.4 owners manual Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 200 mV/47 kΩ (LINE(RCA)), 3.5 mV/47 kΩ (PHONO MM) Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance PRE OUT : 1 V/470 Ω LINE OUT (ZONE 2/ZONE B) : 200 mV/2.2 kΩ LINE OUT (ZONE 3) : 200 mV/470 Ω
  8. G

Found this useful thread https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/integra-drx-3-4-vs-denon-3700h-preamp-output.124455/ 2 people said they both talked to Integra customer support about the preout output. 1 person was told, 1v max Another was told 2v max. Interesting....
  9. G

To my understanding the new ONKYO/INTEGRA/PIONEER AVRS are all made in the same factory. There is just slight differences between them. But the hardware is all very similar. (They all have 3 different trim levels. Each trim lever for each company being damm near identical in specs.) Does...
  10. G

And this makes sense to me!!! Looking at the Emotiva basx A3 Power Output (ALL channels driven): - 140 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms. - 200 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms - Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.25 V. And the...
  11. G

No amp currently. Everything running through the AVR. Wanted the amp to give my avr some headroom on power, and if I ever upgraded my speakers in the future to something more power hungry, I would already be good. I really wanted to see if there was truly more Clarity at lower listening...
  12. G

Man that sounds Like I am wasting $1k on minimal improvements. Ill probably just cancel the order. Any other amps, that you all could recommend?
Top Bottom