Recent content by greenpsycho

1. G

Starke Sound Subwoofers

I have a pair of the 12-in ones. I think they had a buy one get one sale two Black Fridays ago. They are probably just fine. I think I have a review somewhere on the site. I'm on mobile or I would link you. The bigger issue is that Stark has been caught lying about all of their numbers related...
  2. G

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

Lets say surround audiophile audio, like apple music or tidal. its becoming more popular and atmos music is getting more releases. And you would have to play it via your SACD player or stream box into your AVR (if you have one). But most AVR's or even pre/pro's don't have the BEST dac...
  3. G

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

I don't think that is the intent of this product. It would seem this product is intended NOT for AVR/home theater multi-channel and decoding purposes. More, it seems targeted at multi channel audio, like whats available from apple music, atmos on tidal, etc. Remember, HDMI is just a tunnel, it...
  4. G

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

eh, I dunno, but if you are a hi fidelity company, basing your designs on objective science, don't say "its fine, most people can't hear it" My response would be along the lines of "we are really interested in bulking up our home theater offerings in the future, including some 3 way offerings...
  5. G

which is kinda weird because their speakers are obviously engineered well (because they measure well), but they are almost saying "eh, normal people can't tell a difference, so its fine" but like...thats why klipsch's and other horrible speakers are so popular, and that's what sets arendal...
  6. G

BTW I got a response from Arendal re: 3 ways: I find it interesting that they think they are marketing these as "music first" and with stereo in mind. In all honesty, their website and marketing really seems targeted toward home theater folk and multi-speaker arrangements. Maybe thats just...
  7. G

Ah! Ok, see this makes sense now. I did not know that and did not notice they don't have any other 3 ways in their lineup. Someone mentioned that this and the monolith lineup came from the same designer (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think I heard it in a video), so maybe that designer is...
  8. G

But if you have a choice (and we are spoiled for choice) why would you choose anything OTHER than a well implemented 3 way at this price? We aren't exactly talking elac debut budget pricing here, they should have one in their lineup for sure.
  9. G

overblown? or measurements show there is an issue and deficiency? ie totally accurate and appropriate Whats the downside of a 3 way beside cost? If revel, monitor, polk, heck, even a bunch of the internet "direct to consumer" brands can do it (even aperion), why can't/shouldn't we expect this...
  10. G

Oh man, all these measurements are so promising. I'm really bummed that they don't have a three-way center channel though, they seem squarely aimed at home theaters but only offer subpar two-way center channels. It doesn't seem to make much sense.
  11. G

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

right, thats what I was trying to say (but was unclear). I just wanted to make it clear for people following this thread that the genelecs can not do the theater decoding (dd, dts, etc).
  12. G

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

ah man, that marantz av8805a comes with a Josh! to clarify, when we say digital to genelecs, that AFTER the avr does it decoding, kicks out analog, converted to digital via the rme unit (or similar) and then into the genelecs.
  13. G

Also, it doesn't seem like the vanity pro does decoding (ie dolby, dts, etc etc), which is what your receiver/avr will do and what you will need to watch movies. The vanity seems guided more toward multichannel audio pcm stuff, but not encoded streams (and I don't believe any/many devices will...
  14. G

Wait... why wouldn't balanced be top of the list? Remember, he isn't sending digital or signal along speaker wire (higher volts, can run longer distances). He's running low voltage pre-out over long distances (LCR, surrounds, possibly heights) thru wall cavities, possibly near and across...
  15. G

Dang, I'm following this thread cause it's so intriguing to see a genelec home theater. I also love the idea of the genelec Sam handling room correction, leaving the avr to just do decoding and pre out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need balanced at all costs, right? But the marantz has an...
Top Bottom