Recent content by Grattle

1. Grattle

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

I don't know much about what this measurement is telling us. To me, -72db seems like it would be below audibility. Also, is this test run at a specific bit depth/sample rate?
  2. Grattle

Please show me where and explain. I'd like to understand this better. Thanks!
  3. Grattle

You can hear differences with magnitude no greater than -70db?
  4. Grattle

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-battle-of-schiit-audio-dacs.5487/ Not according tho those measurements. I can't find a single flaw that would be audible to a dog. Really, the same statement holds true to 99% of the dacs I've seen measured here. Most of the...
  5. Grattle

So, are Amir's measurements wrong? According to them, you should hear no audible difference? Which is it? Can you really hear sounds at -90db?
  6. Grattle

Not here to argue with you about resistors and heat. Resistance can vary with temperature.
  7. Grattle

This is meaty stuff! I'm very excited to dig into it. Thanks!
  8. Grattle

I haven't heard the SDAC yet. I would like to get my hands on the balanced version. I really really wish we had a way to quantize "lacks detail". I don't doubt what you hear, but according to measurements made by Amir, you shouldn't be able to hear the differences.
  9. Grattle

I have no foe here. I just hate to see the spread of misinformation.
  10. Grattle

I think it's kind of funny that we all argue about audible differences in dacs, and yet in most of the DAC measurements, all of the differences are so far below audible levels as to be absurd. A ranking of amps/dacs/whatever by their ability to reproduce inaudible differences is odd to me. I...
  11. Grattle

Since the resistances in this architecture are crucial, and resistance can vary with temperature, letting the device temperature stablilize for 20 minutes before performing critical listening doesn't seem so far fetched to me. Of course, you are just trying to score points by piggybacking on...
  12. Grattle

FOUND - WTB: multi bit dac

Got a Modi-Multibit. Happy happy happy.
  13. Grattle

FOUND - WTB: multi bit dac

Would love to find an affordable pcm1704 based dac. Also, a Modi MB. Thanks!
  14. Grattle

Is there really no audible difference between different DACs?

Mind sharing the tweeks? I have an ODAC or two to play around with.
Top Bottom