Recent content by Gratefuldad

1. G

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

Perhaps this has been answered. I deduced that you have inequal volume between channels upto a certain point and later it becomes okay. If this is the case, most likely the volm potentiometer sliders are not making contact for the right channel initially or in rare case the are inqueal...
  2. G

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Not sure if this has been answered. The preout is before the volume control.. as such not affected by it.
  3. G

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

HI, would you be able to share the DAC only comparison between the two? Which one do you like more?
  4. G

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Thanks for sharing. Do you see the need to use a fan?
  5. G

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Volume: 16.3 mm dia Bass / Treble 14 mm dia Volume is flared larger towards the cabinet end.
  6. G

I also struggled with the 8 O clock issue and decided to open up the amp to see if the knobs are secured otherwise inside (you can use two different allen keys to open if you need to). There is no additional hold on the knobs - they pull out - its a bit easier to hold the PCB in chassis open...
  7. G

That is a distinct possibility - however, opens up the debate on an amp that measures well, also sounds well. In this case it would be interesting to know whether this specific unit of bundled power supply was adequate in first place. Out of my expertise area of course.
  8. G

I tried a linear power supply (36V) with the TB10D. I tested with FLAC files through USB - Topping E30. It was easier to discern the vocal nuances. - I felt the clarity was better with this. It would good to know if anyone tried this and their experience.
  9. G

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Thanks for sharing. Presumably you have tracked the performance over a longer time by now - how's the heat handling? Did you need to consider installing a fan?
  10. G

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Please see here - its mostly the length of cable that matters - that too as @amirm said - he's magnified the difference a lot. On a desktop we are always trying to minimise cables abd thicker cables tend to be stiffer. My 2 Cents...
  11. G

Topping E30 II DAC Review

@JohnYang1997 - did you consider USB C as input for the DAC? It makes life much simpler instead of using the thick B cable.
  12. G

What is the rationale for power on toggle switch being in 'up' position while being on, instead of down?
  13. G

CheapAudioMan is sorta inconsistent. He does not describe the sound signature in most videos and makes more generic statements - I thought. When he runs out of cheap stuff (below $600 as stated by him), he reviews Yamaha! Fun to watch though and he does have a good spread.
  14. G

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Thanks so much for clarifying. That means the choice of cross over for mid range driver has to be appropriate as to not overlap the sub. Never thought of it before!
Top Bottom