Recent content by Graph Feppar

1. Graph Feppar

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

Yes! This is exactly what I am trying to explain, every non-linear thing in universe that can produce harmonic distortion can also produce intermodulation distortion. Every single amplifier, every headphone, every speaker ever made. You dont need to make IMD measurements, you can calculate and...
  2. Graph Feppar

Sonic Lamb Headphone with Subwoofer Review

They claim to use Qualcomm QCC 3034 as bluetooth chip and QCC5125 in aptx adaptive version. Was this the normal or aptx adaptive version? If you open Qualcomm website, it says QCC 3034 is "NOT FOR NEW DESINGS", why would they use this old chip in their new headphone? These arent budget...
  3. Graph Feppar

This is another common confusion I see in headphone/speaker forums, if you know the harmonic distortion levels of headphone or speaker, you automatically know the IMD levels too. Both harmonic and inharmonic distortion comes from same reason, the driver as a piston is not in precise position its...
  4. Graph Feppar

The distortion audibility threshold graph you posted only applies to single sine waves. The moment there are two or more sine waves that occupy inharmonic frequencies, you get intermodulation distortion. It reminds me of the myth of warm tube sound second order harmonic distortion. Yes, tube...
  5. Graph Feppar

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

JBL Tune 770nc JBL is large manufacturer of headphones yet there is comparatively very little reviews and measurements except RTINGS. I tried these in the shop and was positively impressed. The earpad foam is proper memory grade, step up from Sony ch720n, the clamping force is on higher end but...
  6. Graph Feppar

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

Edifier WH820NB Plus, Sennheiser Momentum 4 & Accentum & Accentum Plus, Focal Bathys, Shure Aonic 50 & 40. I am too looking for ANC headphones with audio over USB becose I want low lag for gamming and loseless for music production and I want to avoid the channel imbalance issues that ANC...
  7. Graph Feppar

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

Can someone please test the new Quietcomfort ( non-ultra) if they too get insane channel imbalance when used in passive mode? Also, is it possible to use QC45 or the new Quietcomfort with ANC on and wired connection at the same time? Maybe that way you could get fast connection for gaming but...
  8. Graph Feppar

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

HD800 is best. The HD800S higher bass distortion. HD800 + bass EQ to make it flat is ultimate soundstage + bass wombo combo.
  9. Graph Feppar

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I am considering buying the upcomming Sony Wh-ULT900N headphone, a midrange wireless anc over the ears headphone that is successor to XB910N. RTings will review it but their audibility compensated THD measurement suck balls, they make it so its much harder to spot poor distortion performance, so...
  10. Graph Feppar

Omnitronic MM-2 USB measurement mic vs UMIK-1 & UMM-6

Omnitronic MM-2 and Dayton UMM-6 cant work as SPL meters out of the box with REW?
  11. Graph Feppar

Qualcomm XPAN micro-power loseless wifi

Qualcomm released new chip for headphones called S7 PRO that has XPAN. XPAN low power wifi for headphones so you can have low lattency, high range and low lattency at the same time. It is rumored that the upcomming Sonos headphones will have it. I read that it will only work with Snapdragon 8...
  12. Graph Feppar

I have an idea! Speakers & subwoofers THD performance varies greatly depending on model, frequency and volume, but there is almost univeral rule that applies to everything except balanced armature IEM drivers and that rule is that the lower the driver excursion, the lower the distortion. This...
  13. Graph Feppar

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

I have two questions. 1. How does amirm do the THD measurement? When it shows THD curve at 114db, does that mean each frequency was played at 114db or does this mean it was set to 114db at only one specific frequency like 440hz? If THD curve is done by sine sweep, then since most headphones...
  14. Graph Feppar

That is interesting, do you have any measurements to back up this claim? I have never seen any THD test of cheap usb measurement microphones. I would love to see, UMIK-1, UMM-6 and MM-2 thd measurements with small steps like 1 or 2 db from 90db to 110db.
  15. Graph Feppar

Hey! Hi! You are the owner of the akulap.de right? I am very happy that you replied to my thread :). I am considering which microphone to buy from you. I have couple questions. 1. That screenshot of spectrum in the chirping article, thats from the MM-2 usb microphone? 2. How much less...
Top Bottom