Recent content by Golfx

1. Golfx

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

That word “probably” says it all. Harbottle, until Cody submits a sub to audioholics for review, will stay an unknown “probably.”
  2. Golfx

Best Marantz/Denon AVRs for Preamp only (follow up to my previous post)

You should read the AVS owners forum for the A!H. Early ones were returned for problems of sound not coming properly from surround channels. The production month was 9/23. Perhaps you have an appropriately refurbished one of those. I would read through that owners forum and test all your...
  3. Golfx

HT Processor and amp recommendation Help NEEDED

Where are you located? In the US? If so you could buy online from Crutchfield and they offer lifetime tech support and that is very helpful with setup advice. They also offer free 60 day returns. I would just stick to an AVR like above recommendation. Denon is usually cheaper and measures...
  4. Golfx

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

I believe human hearing caps at about 20k and your speakers and headphones likely will not produce past say 30K (and that is generous). While it is intellectually satisfying to see numbers like 24/192 it simply is a wonderful marketing tool not an audible reality.
  5. Golfx

Please see https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/perlisten-s7t-tower-speaker-review.122293/page-13#post-1627511
  6. Golfx

Best Marantz/Denon AVRs for Preamp only (follow up to my previous post)

You could search through the AVS owner’s forums for yourself and find first hand examples.
  7. Golfx

my very first avr

You can search for reviews on the dealer. If it is a reputable dealer, you can call or email them with questions.
  8. Golfx

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

A few things you can do if you find them too bright—toe them away from your MLP and put 2 inch absorbers on the first reflective surface. If you decide to upgrade to a more modern amp or avr you could use a target curve downward correction on the more pronounced frequencies. BTW your room itself...
  9. Golfx

my very first avr

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-sinad-of-80-or-sinad-of-100-can-you-really-tell-the-difference.45960/ Above string gives lots of information regarding SINAD. Majority opinion is you will not be able to ”humanly” hear any difference of the lower SINAD which wasn’t...
  10. Golfx

Marantz Cinema 70S and MultEQ-X questions

I had a hard time getting NAD to respond to support questions or just set up questions on their amps. Perhaps they have improved.
  11. Golfx

Marantz Cinema 70S and MultEQ-X questions

I would go with a higher denon/marantz that has the RC and options you desire. Costs are a “negative” factor in choosing audio equipment. Better to get what you know you want instead of compromise with the hope for better. With a higher option you will get more options for RC including DIRAC...
  12. Golfx

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

BTW because you are a new member are you aware human hearing stops at 22KHZ for the very best of us. While it is intellectually satisfying to read 24/192 it is a marketing strategy that has started a race that no one can hear. 16/44 is more than adequate and you will note it is double human...
  13. Golfx

perlisten d15s review while not an audioholics ground plane review it offers some insight
  14. Golfx

Arcam AVR x0 questions?

Arcam’s legacy was of excellent luxury sound products. Most of us are now disappointed their recent reputation is for degraded measurements and more than average buggy software and glitches. This is too bad as it was such a guarantee for high quality. Same thing is happening to NAD. I would...
  15. Golfx

Anthony Grimani a acoustics expert has a audioholics youtube video you can watch. very informantive. A simple answer might be 4-6” of bass trap foam behind your speakers. You could also try moving the speakers closer (like rt next to) the wall or further into the room.
Top Bottom