Recent content by Golem

1. G

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

Can you explain that for a noob like me? How do i enter the WIIM PEQ constraints and what are those constraints? I never did that and i have the 990 and the 1990 as well. I only complain a bit about the sharp heights.
  2. G

It is possible to EQ it on my pc but i have no EQ via Turntable to headamp. I am not listening to loud via headphone. Any production of Vinyl has its own issues. Selling England by the Pound is nicely done and sounds very good. Led Zeppelin IV (Remaster) Vinyl sound almost terrible on the same...
  3. G

I know you should not take taste into account. I was reading this review and after that i thought why have i bought such bad headphones and why is everybody saying that they are good? I really like to use the DT990 on playing games when i need to hear footsteps and have a correct angle to where...
  4. G

Is LEAK stereo 130 a totally(?) quasi-Quad VENA II?

It is only the name. "Designed" in UK, produced in China. Looks pretty vintage. I am tempted but not for 1k. It is leaking informations about the integrated head amp. The Internet says 850mW on 32 Ohm. It can be a lucky good quality or unlucky quality, China still leaks on quality control. I...
  5. G

Pro Ject Debut Pro S - Phono AMP + Headphone AMP

I ve done it. Got the Pro Ject Debut Pro S, the Pro Ject Phono Box S2 Ultra and the Pro Ject Head Box S2. Setting up the Turntable was easy, the finish of the parts is perfect. The knop to start is under the player wich i like not so much. It is possible to change the cartridge to a "better" MM...
  6. G

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

My wishes are: Pro Ject Phono Box S3 Ultra Pro Ject Head Box S2 Vincent Pho 300 Vincent Pho 500 Vincent Pho 701 Vincent KHV-200 Headphone Amp
  7. G

Thank you. That is a no for me in the headphone of the Duo.
  8. G

I dont wanna waste money but i want to do the right thing. There is a range of AMPs out there. From cheap to expensive in the Pro Ject line. I also saw no informations about the head amp of the Alva Duo as well.
  9. G

Hi folks, after 35 years it is time to go back for a Turntable. Thought about a Technics or a TEAC but i decided for a Pro Ject Pro S. I struggle a bit now what to buy. I dont want a full amp and no speakers, only Headphones like my 80 Ohm DT770 and the DT 990 with 300 Ohm. Is a Phone AMP and a...
  10. G

Aune X1s GT Review (DAC & Amp)

Some thoughts about the X1s GT (what a shiny name ""). Use it now for my two Beyerdynamic 80 and 250 Ohm unbalanced. A tad more power could it be for the 250 Ohm, but to be honest its loud and good sounding enough. From the outside it feels very sturdy, the design looks cool for me. I realy...
  11. G

DT 990 (250 Ohm) 3,5 mm to 4,4 mm adapter

I thought so too. Thx, it makes no sense when the power is the same as on the 3,5 jack.
  12. G

DT 990 (250 Ohm) 3,5 mm to 4,4 mm adapter

I have a Aune X1s GT and i like to put my DT 990 into the 4,4 mm jack. Does this makes any sense with a 4,4 to 3,5 adapter? Is it mabe bad for the DAC or the DT?
  13. G

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I hear a lot over headphones. I only had ie from various brands, from 30-80€. Now i use DT 770/990. I think i dont need anymore.
  14. G

I like Blues & Blues Rock, Gothic, Prog-Rock, very little classic, alternative, folk.
  15. G

I am a complete noob and after reading and looking more reviews than i probably should, i jumped into the cold waters of DACs. All began with buying Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 Ohms) and driving them on my very old USB soundcard. The result was not loud enough at all. I dont have a HiFi set nor...
Top Bottom