Recent content by goldistan

1. G

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Can you improve the speaker by blocking the port and making it sealed?
  2. G

Can I connect four DACs to the same source and expect them to play in phase?

Update: got myself a DDRC-88D and 4x Topping E50 DACs. They play in phase and the system latency is low enough for movies and even gaming. this is with dirac turned off.
  3. G

DAC recommendation: Soncoz QXD1/Topping E30/D30Pro?

Update: I bought 4x Topping E50. the reason for preferring this was remote control + volume feedback on the screen. The E50 has a factory setting of "pre" mode and -30db volume, which is very thoughtful.
  4. G

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I have 4 of these and no problems
  5. G

My four Topping E50 arrived, here they are connected to DDRC-88D. I love that the factory setting is "pre" mode and set at -30db. this way if anything goes wrong in the setup it won't fry the speakers, nor be dead silent.
  6. G

I ordered four Topping E50 for my 8 channels, can I power them with a multiport charger like this one? it's power only, no data. Or is it better to buy 4 chargers and a 110V strip?
  7. G

E30 is off the list, it makes occasional loud pop noises and I need to connect my dac to a power amp. I just ordered E50. Other candidates were Soncoz, Smsl SU6, Schiit modius.
  8. G

This review is missing from the review index
  9. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

You did help, I am not getting the Okto because of the timing issues you reported. Thanks.
  10. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Unfortunately the alternatives are even worse for me: - Computer in the middle - high latency, I play video games - Software DSP on the source computer - I will never trust Windows with 4KW of amplification. also high latency. If not Okto I'll be getting 4 tiny DACs and control the volume from...
  11. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Now that Okto is back in business, do those problems still occur? it's been 2 years and many firmwares.
  12. G

Topping E30 DAC Review

Can someone please summarize the objective problems with E30 - pops, cracks, forgets volume setting etc'? I'm not being lazy, it's 264 pages. How bad are the pops? can they fry a tweeter with 20W power handling when fed from a 500W amp?
  13. G

Update: Soncoz says YES - they will play in phase
  14. G

Topping E30 volume control from the player and the dac itself

The dynamic range reduction caused by digital volume control is a non-issue. Your ears have the same degraded dynamic range when listening at low volume. If anything I want the DAC to have AGC at low volume to reduce DR even more.
Top Bottom