Recent content by Godataloss

1. Godataloss

Do schiit stacks make sense price wise?

I don't see any Schiit amplifiers that are competitive price-wise. They are either underpowered or worse measuring then other amps at their pricepoint. I would get a Hypex amp and a there are several dacs that should tic all your other boxes. If you don't need an analog input, your budget...
  2. Godataloss

my very first avr

Sometimes it's difficult. I purchased the x3800 in December from Amazon. There were many different sellers selling new and refurbished. The price point was generally the giveaway. The fact that it was refurbished was sometimes buried in the listing. The effect the refurbishment had on the...
  3. Godataloss

my very first avr

Probably a refurbished one. I think you give up the warranty when you purchase that way, so if that is not something you are worried about, it is a significant savings. If it is a new one with the full 3 year warranty, it's an exceptional deal.
  4. Godataloss

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

Are these prototypes? I would be apoplectic receiving a 4 kilobuck speaker with that kind of checking in the wood and obvious finish irregularities. I applaud that they are not entombed in an inch of poly and you can still tell they are really wood, but as small as these are, there is no excuse...
  5. Godataloss

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

Might be worth picking one up anyway. Those Tidal subscriptions don't hold their value nearly as well.
  6. Godataloss

How much power and SPL's do people actually need in their homes?

I'm not familiar with those speakers. Bookshelves? The 80hz roll off is saving you. Must be a smallish room as well. Most of the low bass you are getting is probably room interaction. Sounds like you are very satisfied with the combination. My urge would be to add a subwoofer, but they're...
  7. Godataloss

How much power and SPL's do people actually need in their homes?

37 watts on 82db speakers would not be enough for me. If you are listening to anything with deep bass or are applying eq to lower bass frequencies, conversational volume levels will have you clipping that amp.
  8. Godataloss

Tip for my system 2.1

Try backing it off 10% at a time until the offending sounds go away.
  9. Godataloss

Tip for my system 2.1

I would bet you have the sub playing too loudly. In my experience if you notice the sub as anything more than filling the low end, you need to back off the level if you are tuning by ear.
  10. Godataloss

Concert photos

Iron and Wine with Calexico at the Cleveland Agora
  11. Godataloss

Casting YouTube to speakers is worth so much to Google that they killed Chromecast Audio to stop it competing with their music hardware & services.

I have a couple chromecast audio's in a drawer some place. Guess I'm going to have to dig them out and peddle them, lol. I went the mini pc to this touchscreen route for about $400. Initially it was more about playing my local files, but I've been a Google Music guy since they first launched...
  12. Godataloss

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Home to the second largest bascule bridge in the world.
  13. Godataloss

All About UFO's

Balloons
Top Bottom