Recent content by gobbledygooker

1. G

USB-C dongle for hifi

Agreed, I've never had to use maximum volume with this dongle. Quite powerful indeed
  2. G

USB-C dongle for hifi

You are correct. Calls work fine on S21 Ultra :)
  3. G

USB-C dongle for hifi

Possibly, would like measurements too. Not near as bad with my Final Audio E3000. Yes came with both the dongle and usb c cable which is very high quality. Only problem I have noticed, maybe I need to reboot but phone calls aren't coming through my earbuds when the dongle is plugged in
  4. G

USB-C dongle for hifi

Benewy came earlier today. Tried it on my Note 9 and S21 Ultra. She is loud for certain. 100% volume on Note 9 via 3.5mm is the same as 60-65% via Benewy o_O Happy with quality too. Maybe a tad be sharp? could also be because I've been playing Forza all day so going from loud thumps and booms...
  5. G

USB-C dongle for hifi

Interesting. I've decided to buy one and hopefully its output is better than the 3.5mm jack on my Note 9. Recently upgraded to an S21 Ultra so will be interesting to see how it sounds. My main earbuds when out and about are Final Audio E3000 so nothing hard to drive
  6. G

Static noise in headphones when using PC, is an external soundcard the way to go?

G6 arrived. Think I made the right choice, low gain mode is more than enough for my X2's, let alone the 1AM2 which are even easier to drive. And even when using EQ APO + Peace GUI. With the lowered preamp (-5dB) I do give the X2's a bit more juice, especially since media players and YouTube seem...
  7. G

Static noise in headphones when using PC, is an external soundcard the way to go?

It is definitely the Soundblaster Z picking up some sort of interference with my GPU, I am changing PC's in a few months but would rather not risk an internal again. As I type this, I hear barely audible static/noise and my GPU is at low/idle clocks. Once I play ANY game that pushes GPU clocks...
  8. G

What amp would that be? wouldn't I still have the same issue if I did Soundblaster Z (which is the source of the problem due to it being internal) --> Headphone Amp --> Headphones
  9. G

Yeah back when I built the PC I remember it being at the higher end of the spectrum, onboard wise. I have pulled the plug on the Creative G6, tempted to buy something else and compare the two though, hmmmm. Ok so DX3Pro is out of the question then being £70 more expensive than normal. I...
  10. G

Yeah, some places sell the E10K for £60 but their returns process isn't as robust as Amazon's (in the event of warranty issues or just not being happy with the performance of the E10K). Dongle is an option although I would prefer having volume controls on the unit. I'll have a look at the G6 for...
  11. G

Onboard audio is "Intel HD Audio via Realtek ALC889 with 8-channel support " - I'm using a pretty old PC at the moment, motherboard is around 10 years old. I'm building a new machine in 2-3 months so I could potentially wait and see how I get on using onboard audio on the new build. Reseating...
  12. G

that definitely went over my head haha, not sure if that means its better or worse. The E10K is £68, if there is any other external soundcard that would be a better suit, I wouldn't mind going up to say £80-90 if it makes sense. If not then I'll just stick to getting the E10K
  13. G

Hello, I've had weird static noise when using headphones on my PC for at least a year or two but it is starting to get really annoying now so would like to sort it out. Currently using a Soundblaster Z internal soundcard, with my Sony MDR-1AM2 or Fidelio X2HR plugged into the headphone jack of...
Top Bottom