Recent content by GNK

1. GNK

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Yes I read it thoroughly and manged to start the program. But it's just running.(as blank) All the instructions for setting it seem to require at least intermediate level of programming or something. For example, their step by step guide starts with I'm using ultralite mk5 as well, but the yaml...
  2. GNK

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I think I've read this thread in its entirety, but can anyone guide me on how I can use this application without a Raspberry Pi, using only PC with Windows? This thread is a very nice guide, but I think it's only useful for someone with a Raspberry Pi. It looks like a lot of syntax needs to be...
  3. GNK

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

Why should people try something meaningless? In order to convince people that they should do something, you MUST show that the new thing is in some way beneficial over what is already widely used.
  4. GNK

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

It's embarrassing to see thread like this on ASR. 1. Your personal experience, tainted with all sorts of preconceived notions and biases, means nothing. blind tests, preferably double-blind tests, are the basis for objective and statistically significant claims. 2. Well-designed double-blind...
  5. GNK

Topping Reliability

My personal customer experience with Topping has been okay. I have to send a courier to mainland China, which is a hassle and takes quite a bit of time, but other than that, they are friendly and responsive.
  6. GNK

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

IMHO There's no such thing as an END-GAME Speaker. Every speaker is just a transducer that converts electric signal to sound waves. Up to a certain level, there is a change in the fidelity of this conversion, but beyond that, you're paying thousands of dollars for very small differences that...
  7. GNK

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

PFFB is great but I hope the next version be End-To-End Balanced design.
  8. GNK

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Big Mac was $0.65 in 70s :)
  9. GNK

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

@prodby430 Brilliant work! How did you painted the cabinet? oil-based? spray?
  10. GNK

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

The stereo module I ordered has arrived and despite being my first amp DIY, it works great! I'm pretty happy with it already, but there is a bit of noise, as I'm using a high sensitivity driver of 92dB (but which is quite lower compared to the aiyima a07 I was using before). Looking earlier in...
  11. GNK

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

It's always fun to watch people who call themselves objectivists unable to accept bad "objective" data about items they care about. :)
  12. GNK

SylphAudio's High-Performance Amplifier Modules (2024 and Beyond)

I'm sure you've priced it through a reasonable process, but I personally hope it to be USD 149.99. Many countries charge customs duties over USD150 and in my country $150 and $150.1 is a price difference of $27.12.
  13. GNK

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

Thanks for your info, I could cancel my order before it was shipped. :)
  14. GNK

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

No offense, but are there people who still use CDs to listen to music?
  15. GNK

Aliexpress appreciation thread

As a rule of thumb, the top-selling stuff there is fine. But if you start turning over smaller stones, you should be very careful before placing an order. There are lots of sellers hiding underneath there, obviously selling fake stuffs but shamelessly claiming to be genuine....
Top Bottom