Recent content by gnat_leader

1. gnat_leader

wondom bru5 pc dsp configurable TPA 3255 "300w x 2" mini amplifier

thanks might check that out after putting an heat sink on the power chip, even if it's not needed couldn't hurt to keep the chip running cooler.
  2. gnat_leader

Hawthorne Audio Silver Iris (coaxial tweeter - horn driver type).
  3. gnat_leader

Got my BRU5 now (TPA3244) only $27 on AliExpress. Haven't yet done any detailed listening to it. Just played it via Bluetooth so far. Sounds smoother or less bright than my other cheap dual-TPA3116d2 AIO but oddly doesn't have as much max volume ability. Currently using a 19V 3A PS - an old...
  4. gnat_leader

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

did you buy/import this? pls see DM, thanks.
  5. gnat_leader

That sucks, well should be an easy fix if you're a solder slinger? Paying someone else to repair it would prob cost more than the device itself. "Had to play with it patiently to even get it to work because the Bluetooth kept interfering" BT interfering with what? My tpa3244 BRU5 took only...
  6. gnat_leader

O-NOORUS D3 - TPA3255 Amp with ES9023P DAC, NJW1194 Vol Control with remote

+1 I feel the same about this. Anyway, your amp, and more so your speakers and your room is gonna make a bigger difference.
  7. gnat_leader

No not my device. I just ordered the BRU5 TPA3244 version, waiting for arrival. I don't need the extra power of the tpa3255.
  8. gnat_leader

see below. Btw, wow that looks like a very cheap and prob low quality volume pot. Would it be easy to replace or bypass altogether? What other mod's could be worth trying?
  9. gnat_leader

System upgrade time

Maybe so, it depends. The ask is a bit easier if using TPA3116 or MA12070 chips (used in other O-Noorus amps) which are powerful enough for my use/speakers. The AL200 is 4-5 times more expensive and certainly overkill power-wise for my 96db/1w speakers. And will it sound 4X better?
  10. gnat_leader

System upgrade time

this isn't self amplified which i want, and it's twice the price of most of the O-Noorus devices. I get that there are better sounding choices out there.
  11. gnat_leader

System upgrade time

still not much discussion on these O-Noorus MA12070 amps. I'm hoping to gain more insights, I posted about them here: :rolleyes: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/which-class-d-amp-to-get-from-aliexpress.379676/post-7480882 I've not been able to find internal pics of the PA80 but here...
  12. gnat_leader

Aiyima T9

I doubt the T9 Pro sounds the same esp with good revealing speakers. All the chips and the tubes are different. How on earth could it sound the same witha a completely different circuit design?
  13. gnat_leader

Aiyima T9

A A07 is a diff chip tpa3255 right? This chip is max 48v I think.
  14. gnat_leader

Aiyima T9

Board not designed for max voltage prob for cost/benefit reasons.. diminished return
Top Bottom