Recent content by Gnasherrr

1. Gnasherrr

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

i have done some experiments with the idea lol. when i just received the speakers i put them like 40cm apart and listened to them like headphones. i wanted to examine the minimal listening distance claim and to my surprise i was getting center imaging even when my ears are located at or a little...
  2. Gnasherrr

Nope don't thk so. Although my raw response isn't the best.
  3. Gnasherrr

wow excellent work. this put things in perspective very well. My raw FR seem to follow this prediction very well. my question now would be, wouldn't the weighting be correlated with listening distance, room dimension, speaker placement etc?? I wonder how the predicted response matches mine so...
  4. Gnasherrr

Hope that I'm not hijacking this thread but I'm inspired by the predicted in-room response weighing and I am trying to figure out how much slope the raw FR of my listening spot represents from some measurements. So here are my attempts at figuring this out. Would love some inputs on which one...
  5. Gnasherrr

i have no subs ATM but they are indeed very nice. although i have doubts about the glm measurement microphones. I chose to use a third party microphone instead
  6. Gnasherrr

Why not using the physical volume control module they make? I have one and it works wonders
  7. Gnasherrr

Well what I can say. I am just even happier 8351b owner.
  8. Gnasherrr

Genelec good enough?

They would have done it if there were space. You can compare 8351 to 8350 and 8341 to 8340 as well. The bass extension is lower on the older model. If you really need that kind of bass extension you know you can always get a subwoofer.
  9. Gnasherrr

Genelec good enough?

The difference is in the bass driver for 8260 vs 8361. The oval race track drivers are at a huge disadvantage on its sheer size, and therefore lacking in bass extension and max spl. Although it's trading those to imaging, in room consistency & minimal listening distance. I think it's a fine...
  10. Gnasherrr

Best high end monitors at around 6000-9000 EUR

Yes and No. The thing is the glm measurement raw data is stored in plain text in your computer along with your mic Cal data. The Genelec flavored variably smoothed data used for final EQing is there as well. Therefore nothing is secretive. The glm mic often has ~5db discrepancies against the...
  11. Gnasherrr

Best high end monitors at around 6000-9000 EUR

8351b owner here. based on my own measurement with a calibrated IEC 61672 class 1 mic against glm mic, the glm measurement is not very reliable at all. therefore the eq result cannot be trusted. other than that they are fantastic speakers
  12. Gnasherrr

Another independent measurements of SMSL SP200

gotcha. :D i guess its a thing now
  13. Gnasherrr

Does Focal Elex have QC problems?

negative. i listen at around 75 db spl. no distortion afaik although i havent used mine for a while ever since i got my speakers
Top Bottom