Recent content by gmoney

1. G

Powered 2.1 consumer Desktop PC speakers with no audible idle hiss 2023

Steel series Arena 7. I've heard many of the speakers you've tried and really didn't hear any idle hiss from any of them unless I put my ear near the driver.
  2. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I have never owned a Topping device that did this. I'm using a E70 right now and also have a MX5 + EX5.
  3. G

Topping MX5, A new device?

Anyone purchase one of these recently and know if the odd whining noise from the speakers when selecting headphone out is resolved? This is such an amazing all around device for speakers/headphone and powers my HD800S perfectly fine with the added benefit of built in bass boost but that whining...
  4. G

Low Volume Listening - Extreme Nearfield <$1,700?

Is the Dirac Live license worth it to you?
  5. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Anyone have issues with this thing constantly clicking based on media playback? You go to youtube to a gif with audio or your media player and it ticks/clicks with each new source from your headphones or speakers. I have my screen set to shut off at idle so when these clicks occur the screen...
  6. G

WTB: MiniDSP FLEX Balanced TRS

Looking for a MiniDSP FLEX with balanced out. Located in Southern Californa. If you have one available please let me know. Thanks
  7. G

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I finally got one of these and think its amazing strictly for the easily switchable headphone output via remote. I can have all 3 of my cans permanently plugged in and just tap "B" on the remote to switch between them + it saves the gain/volume between the 3. No more unplugging and plugging crap...
  8. G

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

What thoughts are there to post? Its a DAC.
  9. G

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I think the defining feature of this is its select-able output. I hate having to switch headphones constantly between open/closed and this eliminates that process by letting you keep up to 3 plugged in with their own volume levels saved. I know the not another topping amp/dac thing keeps getting...
  10. G

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Yes. They already made it clear the last firmware/feature update was going to be the last. This things fundamentally 5 years old now.
  11. G

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I think they might be announcing the successor to this soon.
  12. G

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I didn't EQ these at all. Based on all the responses here I'm pretty baffled because it was immediately identifiable swapping between R70x/HD650/TH900. Ignoring the farty bass, I still think an HD650 is a smoother and more refined headphone. The R70x biggest advantage is presentation since it...
  13. G

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I know people are stating the bass distortion is not audible with these but I can clearly hear it. I tried these out with a RME ADI 2 DAC FS and got rid of them for that reason alone. Comfort was the best I've experienced next to the Sony MA-900 but I just can't get over its farty bass...
  14. G

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

I have no clue why this is being compared to much larger studio monitors that have no where near the versatility. This has a DAC, bluetooth, assortment of input options and very reliable remote and you want someone to buy studio monitors for a desk PC/PS5 setup? I think people here get tunnel...
  15. G

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

You guys sure that's a OLED? Really doesn't look like one to me from the pictures.
Top Bottom