Recent content by GM3

1. GM3

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Just to be clear, is this something which can be affirmed, or just a possibility? I'm not technically literate enough to be certain, but the way I interpreted the situation, it could also simply be that Amir's test procedures could be said to be somewhat incomplete, and fail to detect issues...
  2. GM3

Erin's Fosi ZA3 Review and Bass Management

Depends on the mains. If you're using speakers designed to be fullrange speakers, such as https://www.focal.com/us/high-fidelity-speakers/utopia-iii-evo/grande-utopia-em-evo , then you likely want to run them full range and make use their 16 inch woofers. By contrast, if you're using something...
  3. GM3

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Erin's corner has a very good review of the amp. It may explain why some users of digital amps have reported experiencing different results to what you would expect after just seeing one set of measurements/review.
  4. GM3

Text to Image AI Generation

Other interesting aspects about AI is what I'd call pollution. - First is humans polluting AI. You would assume that AI being an AI (no feelings, no bias, etc.,) would be impartial, but already, AIs are polluted by humans as humans have decided that AI cannot be allowed to be impartial, so...
  5. GM3

At one point, AI should understand concepts; faces, bodies, etc., and drawing would be more like drawing a basic body (arm, legs, etc.), then assigning specific shape (thin, muscular, fat, etc.), then a face, etc., but right now, there's really like zero intelligence in drawing images... It's...
  6. GM3

Bicycle anyone? LOL https://www.mensjournal.com/adventure/people-asked-to-draw-bicycles-from-memory-fail-miserably (more human drawn sketches here) "A side shot of a man on a bicycle. The man is wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and has a bicycle helmet, and bicycle shoes. The man is...
  7. GM3

Not true! Take Stable Diffusion, you can set seed # to a specific number and get the same result every time. You have to use the same parameters/algorithm; can't go from Euler to DPM 2 Karras, or 20 vs 30 steps, denoising 0.7 vs 0.75, etc. otherwise yes images will differ. But you can send...
  8. GM3

AI can certainly fool people into thinking it's intelligent... But is a calculator intelligent because it can do math? What about a really complex calculator that can do really really complicated math problems? What most people mean by intelligence, is more akin to this definition: "The...
  9. GM3

Parts Express Orian Speaker Review

For the value proposition, referenced here, "Under $600 [...] If you tried to buy something like this, MSRP, like retail, these would be like $3000 [...] Crazy good value.". So I don't know how in actuality the Kalis would be comparable... Actually, both were reviewed by James Larson, and the...
  10. GM3

Parts Express Orian Speaker Review

For DIY, the equation will also likely vary depending on size. For bookshelves the, B&M solutions might be more cost efficient, but when you get to large speakers, I'm certain that the DIY options become much more competitive, and will likely outperform similarly priced alternatives... For...
  11. GM3

Any Korean/Asian movies/series fans?

Finished watching The Glory as well as Vincenzo! (random picks, thanks for the long backlist now! :D) Both were really enjoyable! The Glory first episode was pretty hard to watch, but the rest were far more easier, thank god... Turned out to be really good in the end! Vincenzo, a sort of...
  12. GM3

I'm sure SD, Dall-E, etc., will all get better over time, and then we'll get better prompt understanding. Tech is there apparently, all that would be missing is a merging of the two tech. Maybe ChatGPT AI could gain understanding of the Prompt & network of the text2img 'AI', and use its own...
  13. GM3

Ok scratch my previous response... ChatGPT does a lot better: So yeah, a bit like my previous comment inferred, if you ask a question within the bounds of the training/dataset, it can answer; and it appears like it understand certain concepts. But, unknown contexts, such as; evolution of...
  14. GM3

Yeah, latest ChatGPT and others can somewhat recognize words & sentences and can spout out responses, but there's no real comprehension to speak of, in terms of 'human' comprehension. Simple analogy, I think current chatbots or text2img AIs are more like dictionaries, where you give an input...
  15. GM3

Amp comparison by in room measurements. Advice? Conclusion?

What happens with 3 Ohms or maybe even less less? (blocked ports) Could it have an effect? I do have a multimeter somewhere, so level match speakers at 1k, or measure watts with 1k tone, then do the same for 30, 40, 50, etc.? Yeah, that sounds like less trouble. :) I'll definitely try that...
Top Bottom