Recent content by glucenag

1. G

Active outdoor speakers

I have that strange feeling of asking for something which I don't realize makes no real sense. Thoughts appreciated.
  2. G

Active outdoor speakers

Well you're right of course but my thinking was that more often than not an outside yard / patio / etc already has an outside wall plug. In that case, if wifi is good enough I can just strap a Raspberry Pi + DAC hat to the back of the active speakers and call it a day. In this setup, what I like...
  3. G

Active outdoor speakers

Hey there folks. So I've been searching the web for active outdoor speakers without much success. If they are wifi / network speakers that's better yet but that's not needed. I want them to be active so I don't need an extra Amp for the outdoor part of my roon setup. Ideally I'd like...
  4. G

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I just cannot figure out if this Dac (non pro) can implement digital crossover to a pair of subs?
  5. G

DAC + ADC as input selector for digital source and turntable: a conundrum?

Ah, well you are better than me at finding spec sheets then! Thanks. Yeah the noise seems less than optimal on the Swisstronics, for sure. But it's like you say: Vinyl is far from a noise-free source (and in my case it's old vinyls, too...) and of course who's to say the turntable's phono stage...
  6. G

Ah, I missed the Swisstronics. Looks like that's something I could go for. The DIY route seemed appealing but you end up spending 200 bucks (casing included) to end up with something that I think has only a small chance of sounding better to me than this OK-checked Swisstronics. One concern I...
  7. G

Yeah, I considered that, but man do I hate Windows / Mac. And of course, like you say, I am going to need more than a RPi for that. I actually do have a spare PC tower from 10 years ago that can easily run Windows, but it's not like I would want to fit that in between my turntable and my DAC...
  8. G

So it does not work. At least not out of the box. For starters, plugging the turntable in the RPi3 does not alter lsusb's output, so I think the Pi isn't even seeing the turntable - let alone REW in the "input device" scroll down menu from the preferences menu. I've googled "sony ps-hx500...
  9. G

You mean wiring the line-level output of the turntable directly into the Power amp? I don't think that's a good idea, among other things because ... no volume control ? :-)
  10. G

BTW, just to have all my options, does anyone have an informed opinion on the adc in the matrix audio mini i 3?
  11. G

(In case someone Nice. Gotcha. May take me a while to come back to this because of me going on holiday soon but I have an Rpi4 so I will definitely try this. Cheers!
  12. G

Just making sure I get it: you're suggesting using RPi #1 to try and capture the table's USB out with CamillaDSP, and routing that out of another one of that RPi's USB ports, and then using RPi #2 to see if it can "capture" the sound from RPi #1's output ? Or do you mean that within RPi #1 I...
  13. G

(BTW this forum is incredible. So much help. Not like I want to call it a day - by all means, keep commenting if relevant - but cheers all of you for the inputs!!!)
Top Bottom