Recent content by glucenag

1. G

Budget preamp + amp for two outdoor speakers

Cool. Any opinon on pairing that Topping MX5 amp with the Definitive Tech AW65000 speakers?
  2. G

I see. Yeah that's a cool setup as well. I do like having volume somewhere though. Would you have any opinion on how adequate the MX5 from Topping is for those Definitive Technology speakers I mentioned? By the way, what outdoor speakers did you go for?
  3. G

Damn it I forgot about Topping! Of course! The MX5 seems really nice, with USB audio input too (if I understand correctly), so I can even spare myself the HAT DAC part and connect the Raspberry Pi to it. I wonder if the 70Wx2 @ 4 Ohm is going to be OK with the speakers I chose though; any...
  4. G

Hey there, audio cats! So I'm planning to set up a pair of DT AW6500 on my terrace (here: https://www.definitivetechnology.com/en-us/product/outdoor/aw6500). At the source / networking end, I use Roon so I'm comfy with a Raspberry Pi 3 + HAT DAC (there are various options but that is not the...
  5. G

Budget speaker amp (or DAC + amp) for Revel M55XC

Hey there folks. Thinking about going with a pair of Revel M55XC outdoor speakers for my patio. What amp (with or without integrated dac) would you pair this with? Something budget that sounds decent and honors the quality of these speakers but nothing over the top, since this is for...
  6. G

Active outdoor speakers

I have that strange feeling of asking for something which I don't realize makes no real sense. Thoughts appreciated.
  7. G

Active outdoor speakers

Well you're right of course but my thinking was that more often than not an outside yard / patio / etc already has an outside wall plug. In that case, if wifi is good enough I can just strap a Raspberry Pi + DAC hat to the back of the active speakers and call it a day. In this setup, what I like...
  8. G

Active outdoor speakers

Hey there folks. So I've been searching the web for active outdoor speakers without much success. If they are wifi / network speakers that's better yet but that's not needed. I want them to be active so I don't need an extra Amp for the outdoor part of my roon setup. Ideally I'd like...
  9. G

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I just cannot figure out if this Dac (non pro) can implement digital crossover to a pair of subs?
  10. G

DAC + ADC as input selector for digital source and turntable: a conundrum?

Ah, well you are better than me at finding spec sheets then! Thanks. Yeah the noise seems less than optimal on the Swisstronics, for sure. But it's like you say: Vinyl is far from a noise-free source (and in my case it's old vinyls, too...) and of course who's to say the turntable's phono stage...
  11. G

Ah, I missed the Swisstronics. Looks like that's something I could go for. The DIY route seemed appealing but you end up spending 200 bucks (casing included) to end up with something that I think has only a small chance of sounding better to me than this OK-checked Swisstronics. One concern I...
  12. G

Yeah, I considered that, but man do I hate Windows / Mac. And of course, like you say, I am going to need more than a RPi for that. I actually do have a spare PC tower from 10 years ago that can easily run Windows, but it's not like I would want to fit that in between my turntable and my DAC...
  13. G

So it does not work. At least not out of the box. For starters, plugging the turntable in the RPi3 does not alter lsusb's output, so I think the Pi isn't even seeing the turntable - let alone REW in the "input device" scroll down menu from the preferences menu. I've googled "sony ps-hx500...
Top Bottom