Recent content by Gibsonian

1. G

Got a Chinese tube amp and now world is upside down

Air guitar, bass or drums playing along? Dancing like a fool? You know you got something going when this goes on, but could be intoxicants as well...........
  2. G

Cable measurement

"Allow 15% of your audio system budget for cables" is a common suggestion amongst audiophiles. Goofballs are screwing themselves over on things of much better value that they could be spending their money on. It's a profit driven misinformation thing. Think of all the things the people...
  3. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Thanks. Not sure if number 2 would work as I don't know maximum input for my tone control but one would work fine but then you are stuck with using tone control with one source or unplug and plug situation ongoing. A feature (lack of actually) that may likely keep me from purchasing the Pre90
  4. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Any way to use this preamp and the input extender to have a tape loop to insert a tone control/equalizer?
  5. G

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

I have a boat, am a practicing audiophile with more than 1000 albums, undermined amount of CD's and a few racks of equipment not being used. Oh and a motorcycle. Would seem I have some issues.
  6. G

Salesman Talk

My favorite is the speaker sales ad talking about the incredible "pistonic action"
  7. G

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

Compared to poly domes which is all I have experience with the beryllium gave more detail, more air, but still sounds quite natural. Love em.
  8. G

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

I'd love to hear one. I surely wouldn't kick it out of bed but think I'd sell it if given one and buy 40 acres and a small house.
  9. G

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

My experience with beryllium diaphragms has been very good. Love to hear the S9900's. Definitely cannot afford a pair!
  10. G

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

Profit margin is quite high it would appear.
  11. G

Stereophile 2023 recommended gear list

Textural suppleness sounds like something I need to explore more.............
  12. G

Stereophile's Jim Austin disagrees w Atkinson; says tubes have something that can't be measured

I believe it can be measured, as distortion. The right kind, the good kind. If you're into that kind of thing.
  13. G

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Ordered for television/spare. Thank you Amir for the test report
  14. G

I'm a bit amazed by this response I got to a post I did on Facebook...

An all out system no, haven't heard that on either side, vinyl or digital. I have heard and do have what I would consider a vinyl system not so far off in performance from an all out ($50K or >vinyl system) and the sound is very very good and I would never dismiss it nor underestimate the...
Top Bottom