Recent content by GGroch

1. GGroch

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Buydig in the U.S. has refurbished Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT Over Ear Closed Bluetooth Headphones with Direct Digital Drive for $59 shipped. Not ANC, these are audio quality focused, released in 2017 at $300. Aptx and Aptx HD, digital amp built in, they can play from BT or the included USB A...
  2. GGroch

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Assemble it completely. You can access everything through the woofer hole. The top and bottom are also necessary for lining up the sides accurately. After the cabinet is assembled, be sure you insert the crossover in the correct direction, I understand that the woofer can physically interfere...
  3. GGroch

Last 18 hours of a sale on the very strange factory refurbished AKG N90Q Wired Active Over Ear Headphones for $300 in subtle black or ostentatious gold. Originally released in 2015 at $1500, they have DACs, Amps, Tone and Imaging Adjustments as well as auto equalization and Quincy Jones...
  4. GGroch

Congrats on your purchase and the speakers' safe arrival. I think the single best source of information is the Swanskits website . One of the videos shows how to assemble the boxes for gluing using tape which for most people is the best method. How to get the mitered edges to line up right...
  5. GGroch

Here is an odd deal on what appears to be a great price...but you may want to call them or confirm before they ship. UPDATE: Someone called Adorama and the $449 price is for one speaker...so it is a discount from $700 each to $449, not the $1400 it says on the page. Adorama has the French...
  6. GGroch

The Worst Album Covers

A guess, Spinal Tap? (Contributed cover removed cause fake.)
  7. GGroch

The Worst Album Covers

Intrigued by the Mike Terry cover I googled Mike. Sadly, he is just recently deceased. He lived a remarkable life it seems. Milkman, international spy, trapeze artiste, roundabout enthusiast, heavyweight fighter, chef, cattle wrangler, and former Trump employee...in addition to accomplished...
  8. GGroch

Nostalgia Based Speaker Designs - Straddling the thin line between clever and stupid?

I think by the 80's phenolic ring tweeters were mostly used in cheap party speakers....very efficient, plays loud, and hard to destroy compared to domes even with just a small cap for a crossover. The not so reputable hifi dealer I workd for in the 80s had a 3 way no name speaker (Matrix MA123)...
  9. GGroch

$280 is for refurbished I think. The last time JBL ran a sale on the new ones they were $350...so decent discount below that. I have had very good luck with Harman refurbished stuff. They come with original new factory warranty.
  10. GGroch

Just saw an ad for the new Wharfedale Evo4.2. Eerily similar to the 3.1a right?
  11. GGroch

Good price on a cheap Bluetooth Class D speaker amp on Amazon: the 1Mii B08 Bluetooth 5.0 w/ Aptx HD is $41.24 after coupon code: 45YGNWBV . I do not think the coupon is good for much longer. Normal price is $75 1Mii is one of the somewhat reputable cheap Bluetooth brands. Interesting...
  12. GGroch

They look very nice too. I wish mine had come with the deep gloss mahogany vinyl wrap that yours did ;)
  13. GGroch

The proof is that selling bad drivers on purpose makes no economic sense at all....it is a way for them to lose lots of money very fast. Let's say that they make $40 profit on each pair of 2.2as they sell after paying off Amazon's marketing, storing, and shipping fees. Every set returned...
  14. GGroch

SoonHappy.... I am not surprised you were not happy after taking all the time to build both kits only to find they had bad tweeters. However, your solution, to send them all back to Amazon after having been built seems very strange....and your suggestion that this is a marketing trick by HiVi...
Top Bottom